Who should I choose?

Have looked at these different programs:
Ember Media Manager
XBNE
Media Companion Gen2
xMM2

Who would people be used?

Why?
Which of the programs have the most options. And does the best job?
I have all my movies in a big folder, where all the movies again located in each folder.

What I am looking for is that it can download information about movies. Add it to the folder with your movie. Including wallpapers, fanart, thumbs and so on. And the usual things that come together in virtually all applications.

Shall well be multiple Scrapers, so it is possible also to find movies that are not necessary located on IMDB. Or a simple way and add from other pages, or add more scrapers.

And I have one problem with ember that i know of.. It scrapes just 8 movies.. And no more.. Tried everythong I know of.

And the programs most not be free.. But it is great if it is.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
pettergulbra Wrote:Hi

Who should I choose?

Have looked at these different programs:
Ember Media Manager
XBNE
Media Companion Gen2
xMM2

Who would people be used?

Why?
Which of the programs have the most options. And does the best job?
I have all my movies in a big folder, where all the movies again located in each folder.

What I am looking for is that it can download information about movies. Add it to the folder with your movie. Including wallpapers, fanart, thumbs and so on. And the usual things that come together in virtually all applications.

Shall well be multiple Scrapers, so it is possible also to find movies that are not necessary located on IMDB. Or a simple way and add from other pages, or add more scrapers.

And I have one problem with ember that i know of.. It scrapes just 8 movies.. And no more.. Tried everythong I know of.

And the programs most not be free.. But it is great if it is.

I really wish someone would pickup Ember and fix it -- it is by far the best of the bunch but has a lot of quirks and bugs that now exist in the revised version that didn't exist in the orig (and vise versa).

I am leaning towards XMM2 now I just wish it had batch trailer support, option to rename based on pre-defined settings (if it does I have yet to find it).

I was not aware of XBME I may just take a look at that now...
Hi, yes. EMM looks really great, but it don`t work.. So...

XMM2, I could not get to work... I will try again.. But did not get to load my movies dir. so there is no movies to job with.

XBNE, look like a big program.. To bad it is not translated into English good enegh.
I have installed it, but I had no time to sit an play with it to learn it.. It would be great with an howto..

Is there anyone else with an opinnion.. Or sometihing to add, or something else..
Please write it here..
XMM2 won't work with your situation, it requires all the movies files to be in a single folder, sub-folders for each movie is not XMM2 compatible (I'm hoping that'll work with v3).

I've been using Media Companion for a long time, but my biggest caveat with that is the developer recently (~December) stopped updating the code, he did open-source it, but there haven't been any new binary releases yet.

EMM does look pretty good, but I tried it after already having MC created .nfo files and the .nfos were not completely compatible, EMM and MC would not fully recognize each other's .nfos.

tl;dr Use MediaCompanion until XMM3 supports movies in sub-folders.
Try couch potato as it works great and is web based
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Isn`t this just a program to set up for automatic downloads?
Couch Potato can`t understand anything else out of this.

Correct me if I`m wrong.

xMM2 is then out of the discussion for me.

XBNE, looks like a great program. But it looks a little big to so little like I need.
And I cant`t figure it out.
pettergulbra Wrote:Ember Media Manager
XBNE
Media Companion Gen2
xMM2

Unfortunatelly non of them support XBMC scrapers Sad
because I use a different scraper than imdb for my movies I use only XBMC

I hope that this sitiation will change soon...
castortray Wrote:Unfortunatelly non of them support XBMC scrapers Sad

What is so special with the XBMC scrapers?
Who do you use?
castortray Wrote:Unfortunatelly non of them support XBMC scrapers Sad

Actually Ember supports the use of xml scrapers I believe though you have to use the ones pre Dharma as it was never updated to use the ones from Dharma

Its was all in the wiki on the Ember site but thats gone so you would have to ask in the Ember thread

Ember works great for me and I'm still using the original
pettergulbra Wrote:What is so special with the XBMC scrapers?
Who do you use?

>>X<<' Wrote:Actually Ember supports the use of xml scrapers I believe though you have to use the ones pre Dharma as it was never updated to use the ones from Dharma

Its was all in the wiki on the Ember site but thats gone so you would have to ask in the Ember thread

Ember works great for me and I'm still using the original

I'm using filmweb scrapper (based on http://www.filmweb.pl)
khaoohs Wrote:XMM2 won't work with your situation, it requires all the movies files to be in a single folder, sub-folders for each movie is not XMM2 compatible (I'm hoping that'll work with v3).

Both Embers works fine with my films in sub-folders in a Movie folder.

You really need to try for yourself - its like asking what phone should you buy- horses for courses.
sparkyjay23 Wrote:Both Embers works fine with my films in sub-folders in a Movie folder.

You really need to try for yourself - its like asking what phone should you buy- horses for courses.

Oki, that I know of to. Thats not a problem. But I can`t get it to scrape more than 8 to 10. And then it`s over. Then I have to add one and one on mye own.. And that is not an possibility.. I don`t want to do that with 150 movies..

I don`t ask people to say what program to use. Just recomandations..

And whats the difference between the programs.. How they work and so on...
Like how to do stuff and so on.. Tell people (included my self) how they do stuff an easy way..

And one more little thing.. Someone write that they just use the XBMC scrapers.. With programs like EMM, is it just that it downloads little more pictures and so on. Pluss the ability to keep an wiew over the movies you own outside of XBMC?
How about MediaCenterMaster (add .com for the website) ? Anyone have experience with that and Dharma?
pettergulbra Wrote:Oki, that I know of to. Thats not a problem. But I can`t get it to scrape more than 8 to 10. And then it`s over. Then I have to add one and one on mye own.. And that is not an possibility.. I don`t want to do that with 150 movies..

I don`t ask people to say what program to use. Just recomandations..

And whats the difference between the programs.. How they work and so on...
Like how to do stuff and so on.. Tell people (included my self) how they do stuff an easy way..

And one more little thing.. Someone write that they just use the XBMC scrapers.. With programs like EMM, is it just that it downloads little more pictures and so on. Pluss the ability to keep an wiew over the movies you own outside of XBMC?

Have you tried this to move your movies all in seperate folders?

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permali...ia-browser

It works, then you can use any of the above programs..
MrCrispy Wrote:How about MediaCenterMaster (add .com for the website) ? Anyone have experience with that and Dharma?

I have read about it. But don`t know is it works with dharma and the new info files. (I think I read that some place).

preproman Wrote:Have you tried this to move your movies all in seperate folders?

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permali...ia-browser

It works, then you can use any of the above programs..

Yes, every of my films are in the its own folder...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whom shall I choose? Media Managers...0