Help with PowerShell script to launch Boxee
There is a thread in the Linux specific section that illustrates using scripts to launch Boxee from a menu item inside XBMC using Advanced Launcher. This is something I am interesting in doing, so that I can use Boxee to view mlb.tv all while using a Harmony remote (will strongly help to raise the WAF).

I think the process can be done using a PowerShell script, but I don't know anything about scripting. Can anyone offer some help or suggestions? I'm trying some experiments but so far haven't gotten much to work. I'm thinking something like this, but without as many holes and errors:

stop-process -name xbmc

start-process -filepath "c:\program files...hulu.exe"

waitforexit(hulu.exe)

Invoke-Item c:\program files...xbmc.exe

If anyone can offer any help, it would be much appreciated.
Here an example how to close XBMC and start another application using Microsoft PStools and Advanced Launcher : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6
Wow, this looks great! Thanks Angelscry, I really appreciate your help. Hopefully I'll have time after work tonight to set this up.
I haven't had time to set everything up yet, but hopefully that can happen today. Angelscry - can you take a look at my attempt at a .bat script and give me some feedback? Some of the path names may not be correct, but when I am at home I'll be able to fix those up.

pskill -t XBMC.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Boxee\"
start /max boxee.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\"
start /max XBMC.exe
NickSoapdish Wrote:I haven't had time to set everything up yet, but hopefully that can happen today. Angelscry - can you take a look at my attempt at a .bat script and give me some feedback? Some of the path names may not be correct, but when I am at home I'll be able to fix those up.

pskill -t XBMC.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Boxee\"
start /max boxee.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\"
start /max XBMC.exe
If the paths are the good ones it looks corrects for me...
Well I have everything in place, but when I select the Boxee launcher from XBMC I get the following error messages:
---
No suitable skin version found.
We require at least version 2.1000
---
and when I dismiss that one:
---
Runtime Error!

Program : C:\Program Files\Boxee\BOXEE.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an
unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
---

In searching back in your Advanced Launcher thread, this was mentioned one time before but I couldn't find a resolution for the problem.

here's that post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=719...count=1434

Do you have any suggestions?
Just look here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=25
Thanks Angelscry, I used the information from your second post on your forum to get everything to work.
Angelscry -

I think I saw a pop up notification in XBMC that Advanced Launcher had updated. Since I saw the message, the add on to get Boxee to launch is no longer working, I get a pop up error message:

Script failed addon.py

Can you help? I'm not sure where to find any additional information that may help debug, but let me know where to look if necessary.
NickSoapdish Wrote:Angelscry -

I think I saw a pop up notification in XBMC that Advanced Launcher had updated. Since I saw the message, the add on to get Boxee to launch is no longer working, I get a pop up error message:

Script failed addon.py

Can you help? I'm not sure where to find any additional information that may help debug, but let me know where to look if necessary.
Do you have this error when you start Boxee from XBMC menu of from the Advanced Launcher add-on? Because, one change of the last Advanced Launcher versions is the way launchers and add-on are identified. Inconvenience of this change if that you have to re-create your XBMC internal links to the Boxee Launcher.
I was getting it from the XBMC Menu. I removed the Boxee shortcut as a favorite and then re-added it. Then from within the custom home icon on the skin I was able to add the favorite link. Everything is working again. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with PowerShell script to launch Boxee0