• 3(current)
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
Hey dwagner
So far love the remote.
One request i would like is that when going into video sources the folders are in numeric order.
As currently mine are listed as
movies 1
movies 10
movies 11
movies 2
movies 3
etc
etc
if you could make it so that they are 1 thru to 11 and onwards
would be hugely appreciated.
Holdengts Wrote:Hey dwagner
So far love the remote.
One request i would like is that when going into video sources the folders are in numeric order.
As currently mine are listed as
movies 1
movies 10
movies 11
movies 2
movies 3
etc
etc
if you could make it so that they are 1 thru to 11 and onwards
would be hugely appreciated.

Isn't this something you can easily do yourself, by changing it to 01, 02, 10, 11 etc.? Because this is a much more convenient way of sorting folders Wink
I will look at number sorting at the same time as roman numerals for version 1.30.

As smobbo mentioned though you can in the meantime sort it out by using two digits for numbers ie 01 instead of 1.
Great app. Make a paid version so I can lose the ads - god knows I've bought enough crapware out there that I'd happily pay to support an app like this that actually works well and clearly has an involved developer. Thanks again.
Thanks CCrew,

Paid option to get rid of adverts is not far away. There will be a Store menu item coming into the remote which will offer the upgrade.
Hi, I've just tried this remote (1.10) on my iPad (ios 4.3) and it works great. Love the idea of new versions being submitted to app store all the time.

I have one small, but annoying problem. If I connect to my XBMC (Windows 7, 10.0) everything works great. But if I close the program from the taskbar (the running programs that come up if you click twice on the button) and then start the remote again, it will never succeed to connect again. Not until I "reboot" my iPad will it connect again without a problem. Actually it looses contact with my XBMC quite often without quiting the app, but this is a way to reproduce the problem every time for me.

I've only played around with it a short while tonight, but I thought of a couple of enhancements that would be great. I know nothing of the HTTP-api, so some of these things might not even be possible to do. It's just my wish-list, I'm very happy with the remote as it works now, but would be even happier if... Big Grin

* The search-field. It would be great if it stayed at the top when scrolling down. You might be far down the list when you suddenly decide you want to search instead.

* Scrolling. If you sort on anything else than name, there's no possibility to scroll down the list. If you have something like 1000 movies and want to check the oldest one you better start in good time...

* Sorting. It would be great if selecting the same sort method again, sorted in the opposite direction, e.g. First time you select year released it would show newest first, but if you select it again it would start with the oldest one.

* Sorting again. The possibility to sort in Genres and actors categories. If you select Comedy and want to see the one with the best rating, it would be useful if you could sort on rating.

* It would be nice if you could bring up all information on a movie while listing it. Now you get the year, rating and a short summary. But if you could press a small i-icon to bring up all available information for a movie, like runtime, actors, genres, exact numeric imdb rating and so on, that would be even better.

* I usually use the File mode (Sources) browsing my movies, mainly because I rarely want the children's all movies mixed with all the other movies, but also because part of my library is a mess. Using one directory for each movie (as I do), it would be great if you could start a movie directly on the directory level, similar to pressing 'p' on the directory in XBMC.

* Be able to bring up all available info on a movie from the File view.

Well that was all on my wish-list for the moment. Not sure if you want requests like this, otherwise just ignore it. But it would be great if you had any idea on the connect problem. Let me know if I can provide any further information.

Thanks!
Hi kalleanka114,

To sort out your connection problems, we will need to see if we can find out more clues as to the cause (as you are the first to report such a problem). The remote itself doesn't really keep a connection to XBMC it only communicates again when needed using the IP address and port provided. What I recommend you do when the connection issue happens is go to safari web browser on your iPad and punch in the following:
http://<YOUR XBMC IP>:<YOUR XBMC PORT #>/jsonrpc

replace <YOUR XBMC IP> with the IP address of your xbmc
replace <YOUR XBMC PORT #> with the HTTP port of your xbmc

If everything is working correctly, you should get the following message:
"JSONRPC active and working"
Thanks for the feature suggestions / wish list. The feature request list is growing and since I want to bring out regular updates, I may break some features up for later versions.

Here is my feedback to your requests:
*Search field at the top:
The current handling is standard to tables on iOS. However I do see the importance of getting to search quickly (it is annoying to have to manually scroll up 100+ items). When there is an index on the right, its easy to get to the top of the list by dragging/pressing your finger on the index to the top. When there is no index its a definite problem. To keep the search bar in place does steal away valuable screen space (especially on the iPhone), so I either need to have an index everywhere so you can easily jump to the top or come up with another mechanism to allow you to instantly go to the top of the list/search bar.

*Scrolling on anything other than name:
I'm assuming you are referring to the fact that there is no index on the right for anything other than sorting by name. I will look if its possible to add an index with more than 1 character, if so than I can index years when sorting by year, and rating when sorting by rating.

*The possibility to sort in Genres and actors categories
I'll test this out and see why it's not working. Its definitely something I will fix.

* It would be nice if you could bring up all information on a movie while listing it
This feature is planned. Though this one will probably only make an appearance in 1.40 so hang in there.

*it would be great if you could start a movie directly on the directory level, similar to pressing 'p' on the directory in XBMC.
I'll look into this and if I don't run into any hurdles I'll get it in for version 1.20

* Be able to bring up all available info on a movie from the File view.
Linked in to your other request. Will look at this for version 1.40

So if all goes to plan your entire wish list should be fulfilled, well before Christmas Wink

I'll keep you updated as things progress. Right now 1.20 needs to be completed within the next 2 weeks for submission. In the next week I'll compile and post the upcoming feature list so everyone can get an idea of what to expect.
dwagner Wrote:Hi kalleanka114,

To sort out your connection problems, we will need to see if we can find out more clues as to the cause (as you are the first to report such a problem). The remote itself doesn't really keep a connection to XBMC it only communicates again when needed using the IP address and port provided. What I recommend you do when the connection issue happens is go to safari web browser on your iPad and punch in the following:
http://<YOUR XBMC IP>:<YOUR XBMC PORT #>/jsonrpc

replace <YOUR XBMC IP> with the IP address of your xbmc
replace <YOUR XBMC PORT #> with the HTTP port of your xbmc

If everything is working correctly, you should get the following message:
"JSONRPC active and working"

If I'm alone out there, this is probably a problem with my setup. Trying the URL in Safari does give the same result, no response. The message I get is "Cannot open page, Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding". The strange thing is that a reboot of the iPad always solves the problem. Otherwise I would suspect the problem to be with xbmc and its http listener. Also trying the URL on a computer while the iPad doesn't connect works good.

The good news (for you) is that I can cause the hangup/unable to connect thing using just the browser. Sorry for wasting your time, this is obviously not a SoulMote problem. My guess is it's router related.
Hi
First I have to thank you for this great app, the best ive testedSmile
Im using smart playlists to separate my movies from my kids movies and I would love the ability to browse thru smart playlists with your remote. Im sure Im not the only oneWink

One more thing... A button to l the xbmc subtitle script would be nice. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=subtitle)
dwagner Wrote:So if all goes to plan your entire wish list should be fulfilled, well before Christmas Wink

Sounds fantastic. Thanks!
Quote:First I have to thank you for this great app, the best ive tested
Im using smart playlists to separate my movies from my kids movies and I would love the ability to browse thru smart playlists with your remote. Im sure Im not the only one

Thank you, and the good news is that it will continue to get better and better with each new release.

I will have a look at smart playlists. Playing them I am sure is easy enough, showing their contents might be a little more difficult. I will see what can be done.

Quote:One more thing... A button to l the xbmc subtitle script would be nice
Version 1.20 introduces a toggle button for subtitles and a next language for subtitles. Not sure that its quite what you're looking for though. I haven't yet looked at executing scripts from the remote.
Quote:Version 1.20 introduces a toggle button for subtitles and a next language for subtitles. Not sure that its quite what you're looking for though. I haven't yet looked at executing scripts from the remote.

I mean a button to start the "download subtitle" script (when you watch a movie, just hit that button and you download the subtitle for the movie your watching).

Link to the addon: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75437 .

This is the command I used to map it to the F7 button on the keyboard: <f7>RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</f7>
Quote:I mean a button to start the "download subtitle" script (when you watch a movie, just hit that button and you download the subtitle for the movie your watching).

Link to the addon: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75437 .

I've implemented your request in the upcoming release (version 1.20)
However I need to tell you how to launch it because I already had the 2 other new subtitle buttons, and a 3rd seemed an overkill (not to mention I ran out of space).

To launch the download subtitle script all you have to do is hold down on the subtitle toggle button for 1 second.

Below is a screenshot showing the new subtitle toggle button (bottom left triangular button) and subtitle next button (bottom right triangular button)

Below a screenshot of the new music playlists screen, which allows you to easily play any of your music playlists on xbmc Cool. This feature will be available with the upcoming version 1.20 release of SoulMote (along with many more).

I'm almost done with the Movie Set support and then I'll implement Music Videos.

I'll keep you posted.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad1