Disable subtitles by default
I know what you are thinking, 1st post, basic question.. this noob didn't search.... Well I did. Here is where I am at.

I'm trying to get the subtitles off by default. I've gone 3 routes and still can't get it to work quite right.

1- Start a video file, bring up the audio menu and uncheck the subtitle box and then save the settings as default. This would work out well if I would get over and select items in the audio menu. Once I bring the menu up, no buttons on my remove/keyboard seems to get me over to the menu to select things.

2- All is not lost, there is ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml the <showsubtitles> element. Set it to false, bounce xmbc and it's set back to true when I look back in the file... ok wth...

3- Play a show, then stop, open up a connection to the database and run "update settings set SubtitlesOn=0" it will just go and set everything that has been played to 0. This works, not more subtitles, but cumbersome.

I'd really like to find a way to set this so it is default, I'll go back and add a toggle button on my remote for the rare cases I need subtitles.

Any help you be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
BigBeerJR
The first method should work. I'd try changing skins, try confluence (the default skin) if you're not using that already. If that isn't working for some reason, you could try it with the skin Neon, because I know it's working on there. I just used that feature a couple of days ago.
timdog82001 Wrote:The first method should work. I'd try changing skins, try confluence (the default skin) if you're not using that already. If that isn't working for some reason, you could try it with the skin Neon, because I know it's working on there. I just used that feature a couple of days ago.

You are correct, I was using PM3.HD skin before, I switched back to confluence and the audio menu worked as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable subtitles by default0