Do i need a better graphics card?
Hi guys just need your opinion on this setup

Specs are the following..
Intel core duo e2160 @ 1.79ghz (Overclocked to 3Ghz Perfectly)
4gb DDR3 ram
Gigabyte G41M-Combo Mobo
500gb wd greenpower hdd
DVD rewriter
ATI Hd 5450 Sapphire passive graphics card
D-vine home theatre pc case with VFD
Internal card reader + Extra USB Slot

Do you think the graphics card is good enough or should i ditch it for an gt 210 ?

thanks for lookingBig Grin
Quote:Do you think the graphics card is good enough or should i ditch it for an gt 210 ?
That depends on your needs. On win7 it should play everything for linux you may use this or follow many guides available here and get it working by yourself.
true, you should be fine with WIndows7....
but not for LINUX...
Yea the HD 5450 is a perfect card for decoding in windows vista/7, I ran one for a long time before switching to the zacate platform im using now. You could prolly knock the chip back to stock speeds and save a few watts and cut heat output, since using a GPU for decoding pretty much guarantees your cpu will never see more than about 20% load while watching typical 1080p content.

Even if you thought about upgrading for some reason, I'd suggest holding off a bit longer anyway as the new midrange cards from ATI and Nvidia will not be a long ways off, then you'll get a passively cooled gpu with upgraded decoding engine, and HDMI 1.4 compliance. You wont really gain anything by upgrading the card now.
Thanks guys for your inputBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do i need a better graphics card?0