Noob Question Is this possible
I am new to xbmc. I have xbmc loaded on an Aspire Revo 1600. The OS is xubunto. I plan to use this setup in our Football Office to handle all of our videos. We get the videos on Digital Tape (DVC) and DVD. I want to load the videos onto xbmc and then the coaches will be able to select which video they would like to view from the menu. My hurdles are:

1. Finding the best way to get the videos into xbmc
2. Getting the Aspire to display on our TV using the A/V inputs. (Sorry we can't afford a flat panel HD unit).
3. Finding a good remote control that has good response time and handles slow motion and frame by frame advance.
4. Setting it up on the network to view on another PC. I don't expect this to be while someone is watching on the main screen but I have a PC setup at the Coaches desk which I can assume the user can vnc into the xubuntu box and run xbmc through vnc.
5. Be able to export to DVD from xbmc from a menu option or use a seprate program.

So any people on the forum that are using xbmc in this way I'd appreciate a comment back. All of our videos are not copyrighted so I don't have to worry about that.
Hi. Welcome to the forums.

1. Network shares. SMB, NFS, etc
2. Don't know. Shouldn't be hard with a VGA to RCA cable/converter.
3. I believe XBMC doesn't support frame-by-frame navigation. Wait for a dev's input.
4. See #1. No problem with this as long as the serving machine and network can handle it.
5. I don't know such functionality. I believe XBMC can't 'export to DVD'. Not in the core functionality, at least. You either find a software that can, some sort of XBMC add-on or you write the add-on yourself.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks. The network can handle it as there will only be the xbmc machine and the pc on the coaches desk. I just have to have a small switch that won't go nuts. I think I can just add a dvd burning software to the box. I have to make this idiot proof as I am the only coach savvy enough to handle this and usually they want to do stuff when I am not there or I am on the field.
jboris Wrote:... I have to make this idiot proof as I am the only coach savvy enough to handle this and usually they want to do stuff when I am not there or I am on the field.

That really isn't a problem. XBMC is very user friendly after proper configuration. Trust me: 95% of XBMC users have parents, spouses, kids, cats, dogs, whatever that aren't tech savvy and they manage to get everyone using XBMC perfectly in no time.

Keep us posted on your efforts.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob Question Is this possible0