setContent and container().content()
Guys,

I'm trying to tweak a skin (confluence as a starter) to fit an addon I have. The addon provide a full set of metadata and I correctly set the content type for it (movies). I have no files in the library.

However, the skin doesn't allow me to select the view that allow metadata to be displayed - and I don't understand why.

myvideonav.xml would appear to be the base file use, but I cannot see anything which checks for a library before displaying these options. The only thing I can see are checks for content which happen in viewsvideolibrary.xml:

container.content(Movies)

So, is this content not correct set/read unless library mode is active? If so, what are the way around this?
If there's no content at all in the video library then Confluence will launch any addons in Files mode only.

Either add a folder and set it's content to Movies or edit line 458 of the Home.xml to -

PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,Addons,return)</onclick
I'm not sure what confluence under 10.1 did. Certainly git HEAD has no problem with this as you're always in library mode.

I thought that confluence allows those views just fine - check which ones are being included in MyVideos.xml

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My addon runs this but of code, before adding links into XBMC:

Code:
xbmcplugin.setContent(pluginhandle, 'movies')

So there are two strands:

1. Under dharma 10.1
If no files in library, addon will start under files and extra views are not available (as not defined in myvideo.xml).

If I attempt to force the addon to start in Library mode, I don;t get a listing:

Code:
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, plugin://(stuff), return)

I can see that addon being run normally, but nothing is displayed. I can confirm that this is a library view through the skin debugging (which shows videolibrary and myvideonav.xml).

2. Under git HEAD
The addon starts under videolibrary (myvideonav.xml) but does not include the "library" views (for example: view 503).

Checking the definition for that view, I can see that it has a visible condition:
Code:
Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(Movies)</visible>

If I comment out this condition, then the view is available. This suggests that the skin isn't able to determine the content type from my addon (or at least isn't ones it's looking for).

In fact, even adding files to the actual library doesn't help - so perhaps there is a bug (i'm running rev 009d446)

I'd prefer to get this working under Dharma 10.1, as that is what the majority of users will be on -as I'm guessing that Eden is not going to be available til Oct/Nov/Dec this year.
You need a newer git HEAD - 009d446 had a bug, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks I'll try a newer version.

This also shows why I want to get this working with 10.1. To be honest the whole library/no-library thing is crazy (which is probably why it's changing) so I think I'll just write my own views for now in file mode.
Yeah, build from 19th March works for libraryviews. Just have to wait for Eden now!

Until then I'll just create some custom file views.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setContent and container().content()0