5.1 sound works, 2.0 does not
Kind of an opposite problem that some people have but it seems since i updated to SP1 on Windows 7 XBMC audio output broke. Don't know how that would affect it, but thats besides the point. I have an Acer Revo 3610 and its hooked up via hdmi to an onkyo tx-sr607 receiver. My movies that are in 5.1 DD or DTS work fine, but any older movie that is 2.0 I get no sound, or any music I try I get no sound, I also get not navigation sounds when going through menus in XBMC. Oh and playing those same movies or music via winamp or VLC I get sound ... so ya, any ideas?

XBMC Version 10.1
nvidia ion driver 266.58
windows 7 64bit SP1
Sounds like you are streaming audio fine, but decoding/playing audio not-so-fine. My first, really silly, suggestion is to make sure you have the sound turned on/up in Windows and in XBMC.

After that, you'll probably need to submit a debug log. See my signature for a link explaining how to post a problem in a useful manner. That should give you a pretty good idea of where to start.
This problem randomly fixed itself so I did not bother returning to this thread. However just last week it randomly started up again, so am posting the debug log to see if anyone can help.

http://pastebin.com/JkYNJEjK

Loaded up xbmc, turned on debugging, went to movie with mp3 audio, played it, no sound, skipped forward no sound, stopped went to movie with dolby digital played it, got sound. If i close out of xbmc and find the avi with mp3 audio and open it up in WMP i get sound just fine.

Thanks for any help.
Got similar problem:
Music files do not play, but DVD and video have perfect sound, all formats.
Also: there is a small icon at the right upper corner of the XBMC home page showing in red that the speakers are OFF - could not find the knob to fix it.

ANYONE HELP??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 sound works, 2.0 does not0