Scraper can't seem to find my movies
Hi I just installed xbmc for the first time and am having some trouble.

I can see all my movies and tv-shows in the file list and play them just fine, but the scrapers tmdb and tvdb can't see to find them all so I can't see them in the movie view with covers and so.

tvdb found the 10 movies that are in the root of my movie folder and one movie that is in a sub folder, but for all the others I have to go in the movie folder and set content directly on the specifik movie folder in order for it to find it. So it seems that recursive scan is not working for me, has anyone else experienced this? ... I previously tried Plex that found everything i had no problem, but the switched to xbmc for better performance.

kind regard
Ras
How do you keep your media
- Single files?
- iso's
- video_ts folders?

How are they named, according to imdb names?

Plex seems to have differentiated from XBMC in library management.

Stick with it dude, figure this bit out then it's all plain sailing! It'll be worth it.

edit: this page may help:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...eo_Library)
If not i'll try my best to help.
Hi,

so I have a little bit of everything Smile

I have a folder called TV-Shows and one called Movies.

In TV-Shows i have a folder for each show. One for example for Dexter and this folder has a folder for each season.
The problem is that it finds nothing when I set content on the TV-Show folder, but if I set it directly on the Dexter folder it finds all episodes in the subfolders.
But I should be able to set it on the top folder TV-Shows right?
Same problem for the movie folder, unless the movie file is directly in the root of the folder.
Righteo. I have my tv shows structured like so, i'll use Dexter as an example:

-TV shows
----Dexter
------Season 1
--------Dexter - S01E01.m4v (or whatever file ending)

Setting up in XBMC
- In Video menu, Add new source
- Navigate to TV shows folder press return to enter the folder then press the ok to confirm you selection. Then ok on the following menu to add the source.
- On the resulting screen move to "TV show" and press "c" on your keyboard
- Press "set content"
- Tell xbmc what the directory contains (navigate to tv shows through the options)
Then tick the box to run an automated scan then ok

How'd it go?
Same thing, it finds nothing. But if I set content directly on the Dexter folder it finds all episodes. This is a bit strange since that means that the recursive scan works just not for my two top folders "Movies" and "TV-Shows" .... hmm sounds weird Smile

the two folders are located on a NAS using apple file share. I auto mount them at login too two mounts in my documents folder but this shouldn't mean anything should it?

Thanks for helping Smile!
I just tried adding my local movie folder and there was no problem scanning all movies, so apparently it don't like the afp mount from my NAS.
Debug log needed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yup what he says.
ok it is working now. It seemed that it did not work when I added the mount I had put in my local documents folder but when I added it directly from the volume it is working fine. Now I am strugling a bit with importing the aeon skin plus getting it to see two video_ts folders but the first problem seems to bee solved :-) ... thanks for the help! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper can't seem to find my movies0