• 4(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
lixer Wrote:Latest semi-nightly "org.xbmc-032611_ios-arm-6374166b.deb" fails to launch on Ipad with iOS 4.3.1.

Latest release installed via cydia works with no issues.

Here is the pertinent info:

Platform: iPad
Version of iOS: 4.3.1 jail broken using latest release of sn0wbreeze
Build version number: org.xbmc-032611_ios-arm-6374166b
Install Method: ssh'd the build to iPad and installed using dpkg
FULL Debug Log: No xbmc.log or Crash report is generated.

Some people have this problem, dunno why.

ssh in and do a chmod -R 777 /Applications/XBMC*

And it should run again.
For all of you following along, I closed the last thread because it started becoming more of a problem than useful, tons of people posting about issues without following:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

So let me repeat myself again:

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO POST A LOG.

If this is difficult to follow, I will stop posting up private builds and require everyone to use IRC who wants to test with us.

The only time not posting a log is ok is when the app wont load, like the post below this one.

If you have a problem specifically with a file (and again, don't tell us 'some 1080p works' 'some avi works' it's not helpful) then you need to do 3 things:
1) test the file on osx/linux/windows, the latest nightly or stable is even fine.
2) run mediainfo on it and save output.
3) cut up a sample chunk. If it has problems immediately, then 100mb will do. Otherwise cut a chunk large enough to exhibit whatever issue you're having, make sure to re-test the sample on iOS to verify the issue AND test it against linux/osx/window as well.

If this is a problem with all platforms, open up a trac ticket and include links to the pastebin'd info and a url for the sample file above.

If it's a iOS issue, we can go from there. You're in the right place.

Please guys, let's keep this useful as possible. I'm doing this to *help* davilla and everyone, not cause them more headaches.

And thanks to amet and others for helping with the moderating.

And especially Davilla, gimli and the other devs for continually kicking ass and taking names.
keith Wrote:Some people have this problem, dunno why.

ssh in and do a chmod -R 777 /Applications/XBMC*

And it should run again.

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.
lixer Wrote:I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.

Oh, sn0wbreeze sucks is why. re-JB it with PwnageTool and it should work.

Apparently all JB's aren't made alike and sn0wbreeze didn't enable the proper things. If you installed syslog and look at /var/log/syslog you'll get some weird errors.
I'm getting regular audio glitching while playing ripped dvds hosted on my win7 computer through a wired connection. The video plays fine (usually), and if the dvd has a 2 channel stereo track, i can select that and get clean audio. It seems that surround sound downmixing is not working efficiently. I've posted most of the log here, but the following line shows up over and over while playing the dvd, and seems like it's indicating an audio resync (the glitch).

Code:
DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:12024354.583333, should be:12036669.105909, error:12314.522576

I may have my settings incorrect, as I have only used XBMC on my month-old ATV2, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Otherwise, this seems like something for the devs.

EDIT: I can post info on the video file if needed, but it happens with all DVD rips I have with more than stereo sound.
jonson Wrote:I'm getting regular audio glitching while playing ripped dvds hosted on my win7 computer through a wired connection. The video plays fine (usually), and if the dvd has a 2 channel stereo track, i can select that and get clean audio. It seems that surround sound downmixing is not working efficiently. I've posted most of the log here, but the following line shows up over and over while playing the dvd, and seems like it's indicating an audio resync (the glitch).

Code:
DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:12024354.583333, should be:12036669.105909, error:12314.522576

I may have my settings incorrect, as I have only used XBMC on my month-old ATV2, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Otherwise, this seems like something for the devs.

EDIT: I can post info on the video file if needed, but it happens with all DVD rips I have with more than stereo sound.

this happens for a lot of my files as well, except i'm running the last stable version. i think it may have more to do with how you're ripping the files, than XBMC. do they do the digital pop on the stable release?
This is the famed 'audio bug' I think. I will verify tomorrow morning w/ Davilla. I don't think this, among many others little annoying audio glitches, can be fixed until gimli merges AudioEngine in. So let's all give 3 cheers to gimli for working on that. Smile
(there's a thread on it in the development section, for those curious.)
Thought my first (deleted) post was providing sufficient information. Sorry for not posting exactly what was required. Was just excited that things were working better than before and wanted to share this. I am new to XBMC.
Will remain quiet and wait and see. Thanks for the good work!
Guys,

a couple of questions, if you don't mind:

- If I install latest version (not nighties) it will give me 10.1 DB? (library and movie files separated)
- If I install nightly build I will end up with new Movie DB? (movie files show in library)
- If I want it on 4.3.1, then I must use latest nightly build?

Thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

keith Wrote:CAVEATS TO THIS BUILD:
  • Remote Library - iOS build is on a higher db rev than xbmc stable is. Amet has identified a few bugs with it and we one-off'd a build that works, but we want the change to be fully populated and into nightlies first, so IF YOU USE THIS FUNCTIONALITY, IT WILL UPDATE YOUR DATABASE. So remove the advancedsettings.xml settings for mysql if you're worried about corrupting that DB, for this build at least.

Will this definitely make the database incompatible with my other pc xbmc setups? And if so will having the PCs on the up to date nightlies solve this problem?
pecinko Wrote:Guys,
a couple of questions, if you don't mind:
- If I install latest version (not nighties) it will give me 10.1 DB? (library and movie files separated)
- If I install nightly build I will end up with new Movie DB? (movie files show in library)
- If I want it on 4.3.1, then I must use latest nightly build?
Thanks.

Latest official xbmc-atv2 build should be 10.1 DB for Library mode, but not sure.

These unofficial builds are using TRUNK, so it will be at a incompatible DB version as a 10.1

4.3.1 is only supported in unofficial builds for right now until the next official build.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Will this definitely make the database incompatible with my other pc xbmc setups? And if so will having the PCs on the up to date nightlies solve this problem?

Yes.
keith Wrote:Yes.

Is that a yes to the first/second or both questions? Laugh

Cheers.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Is that a yes to the first/second or both questions? Laugh

Cheers.

Both.
I've moved the build from yesterday into the public folder now, so now my filenames are synced up with what you see under 'System Info'.

Link in 1st post.

Still getting posts of issues listed without debug logs. I am deleting all of them without warning.
Links of media/etc is good too, but you *must* post your xbmc.log on pastebin, pastie, whereever you want, but this link has to be included.

I poured thru the commit logs and didn't see much different in this build besides davillas constant clean up efforts but please post and correct me if you see anything different.

I have decided to ignore all audio issues until AudioEngine is merged into trunk. There's a thread in the dev forum for those following along. You can post, but I don't know how much help will be out there for it.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2