• 22(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
I'm having no luck with Canada On Demand.. Tried to goto History, ICE Pilots NWT, S3 and the latest episode.. and I get nothing.

here is the log.. any ideas?

http://pastebin.com/8WB10Jwc
I got some information back about streaming content from Canadian networks.

In a nut shell Bell media intends to charge for streaming content the same way treehouse.tv is doing which is why the drm is popping up all over Canada.

They even intend on doing this with news stations.

It would seem that too many passive Canadian's have sat on their @sses while government and media cook up ways to rape and pillage as the real pirates they are. The days of free streaming web content from Canadian networks will soon be gone.

getting tired about it. Do something then !!!!!

[/url][url=http://stopspying.ca]Image

The Canadian government is trying to push through a set of draconian electronic surveillance laws that will invade your privacy and cost you money.
@ZaPHoN
I believe what you're saying, however can you cite your source, I'd be interested in reading more in depth regarding these 'plans' to fleece Canadians further. TYVM Smile
DaemonSeed Wrote:@ZaPHoN
I believe what you're saying, however can you cite your source, I'd be interested in reading more in depth regarding these 'plans' to fleece Canadians further. TYVM Smile

Source is third party who is friend of discovery channel programing director
Huge thank you's to andre_pl & his repository for this Canadian On Demand add-on. It RAWKS!

Except for the obvious problems with the CityTV feed and related ones like that, this awesome Canadian On Demand add-on has been working wonderfully for me on Win7Ultimate with XBMC Eden, I'm just floored Big Grin , now if only we could get some subtitles or even better closed captions I'd be absolutely ecstatic beyond measure.

Now we just need to find able bodies who can maintain this add-on and maybe even improve upon it if thats at all possible.
I'd be willing to submit bug reports and have myself a go at some of the code, though I have to admit I'm not all that familiar with this quite yet.

Cheers!
Can you add more french channels...

TVA or
TVA
Shopping TVA
Argent
Canal Savoir
LCN
LCN 2
Radio Canada
RDS

- VTele
- Ztele
- Historia
- Séries +
- Téléquébec
- TVA Sport

Thank's
Not sure what I am doing wrong. Installed the Canada On Demand add-on (version 0.7.4) on Eden and it does not work at all. When I click on it it just says "Error Script failed!".

Enabling the "My librtmp is awesome!" parameter makes no difference.

Am on 64-bit Windows 7, and located in Canada.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

UPDATE: found out the issue is with the characters used in the Windows user profile folder (C:\Users\name_of_user\). Mine contained a "ç" character not supported by this add-on. I could rename the folder, but the add-on should be fixed. Most add-ons work well.
Hi,

When I use certain channels on the Canada On Demand plugin it hangs XBMC. I have posted a debug enabled log when I tried to access TSN. It should be here: http://pastebin.com/mEfKm4Dm

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks for your help guys! XBMC rocks.
Hi everyone,

I am seeing similar issues as charlesdriver is. My debug log at the crash looks the same as his.

I am running XBMC 10.1 through the latest stable OpenElec distro on a ZBox ID-36. Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks in advance
This is not live right? i can't find live.
SunPowered Wrote:Hi everyone,

I am seeing similar issues as charlesdriver is. My debug log at the crash looks the same as his.

I am running XBMC 10.1 through the latest stable OpenElec distro on a ZBox ID-36. Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks in advance

Do you guys have "automatically play multiple clips" enabled? I found that causes a hang sometimes. open video add-ons and press "c" on Canada On Demand and check to see if this is the case. Make sure you press Ok after. Go back in there a second time to ensure it's changed.
Does anyone have Discovery working. I just got my Global working today and was wondering if Discovery was an option?

Got it. Had my Play Multiple clips checked, so is working now. The only one that isnt now is Treehouse TV
Hi, I'm running xbmc on atv2 and would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction to get Canada on demand up and running on my system. Thnx
nothing works
partly working, i find a bunch of channels don't work, discovery being one of them, Any help??
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11