• 62(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
Is this addon Helix compatible? If not, please update, as I'm sure many people still watch the content.
BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN
The CBC and Global content still work for me. This is with Helix Beta 3.
(2014-09-14, 00:46)pdops Wrote: If that doesn't work try downloading the zip file from

https://github.com/marius-muja/plugin.vi....on.demand

Sorry, 10-minute XBMC-on-Mac user here. When I download the zip, what do I do to get XBMC to use it? I don't see "open file" functionality in XBMC or an installer in the ZIP file.

Thanks,
Rob T
Rob there are instructions for "How to install from a ZIP file" here

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#How...a_ZIP_file
Thanks so much, that worked. I see some CBC shows, but The National is empty :-(

Rob T
Looks like CBC is broken for me, shows are there but it playing episodes I get a short video "cannot be streamed outside of canada"

Maybe it's some sort of DNS issue, I have my DNS set up for Netflix US, I'll monkey around with it and see if I can get it working.

Someone should probably write a CBC only plugin, compact and easy to maintain... I might do it if I can find the time

Skye
Its obvious that you are using USA DNS so you cannot watch Canadian CBC.. You have to turn off USA DNS to watch Canada CBC.
Yeah, it was my DNS service. Changing the HTPC to use my default ISP nameservers fixed CBC.
Streaming video seems way better in Kodi Helix, less crashes/hangs glad I upgraded.

Addendum: It's not "obvious" that using US DNS would cause this problem. Using US DNS doesn't change your source IP address, I'm not using a proxy or VPN tunnel.
Hi,

Has there been any developments on CTV for this addon since the last few posts? I have tried everything to make this work but have not been able to. I downloaded and installed the ZIP from the "marius-muja" link but I don't see a difference from what I had installed previously via the standard repository.

Here are some of my observations:
* Any/all CTV links via this add-on result in a script failed message. Please see log below.
* CTV links from the Chrome browser do not work despite disabling Ad-Blocking addons. UPDATE: Now works from Chrome not sure why it was not working before everything was the exact same. Strange.
* CTV links DO work from IE no problem

Can anyone please help out with this issue? Thanks.

LOG:

[edit out log]
(2014-12-20, 22:58)smpn Wrote: Yeah, it was my DNS service. Changing the HTPC to use my default ISP nameservers fixed CBC.
Streaming video seems way better in Kodi Helix, less crashes/hangs glad I upgraded.

Addendum: It's not "obvious" that using US DNS would cause this problem. Using US DNS doesn't change your source IP address, I'm not using a proxy or VPN tunnel.

Hi,
How do you Change the HTPC to use my default ISP nameservers ?
Thanks
No, nothing has been fixed - the plugin is abandoned. I know all the Bell properties are broken, wouldn't be surprised if CTV didn't work either.
I only use it for CBC and that may well be the only thing that still works.

That's the problem with scraper modules, if anything changes on the channel's website or content delivery system, the plugin breaks. Without constant maintenance, it quickly becomes obsolete.

(2014-12-28, 23:23)figaro Wrote: How do you Change the HTPC to use my default ISP nameservers ?
Thanks

Are you located in Canada?
Are you getting the "cannot stream CBC content outside of Canada" video when you play CBC content?
Are you using a DNS redirection service like unblock-us.com to get Netflix US in Canada?

If you answered no to any of those questions, my DNS changes don't have anything to do with whatever problems you're having.
The creator of this add-on was far too ambitious in including as many channels as are available. As I've discovered, the links to these websites change ever so often and must be refreshed. Discovery Canada is another that has went down recently.

The CBC current affairs content along with Global News are the only channels left that I still use. Fortunately, I am fond of the quality of CBC current affairs content (The Nature of Things, Doc Zone, The Passionate Eye, The Fifth Estate, Marketplace, The National , etc.), so the worst is yet to come.

It would be nice, though, if the channels that still work were moved to their own add-on. As stated, there are too many channels in Canada On-Demand to be one add-on.
(2015-01-11, 05:00)Warner306 Wrote: The creator of this add-on was far too ambitious in including as many channels as are available. As I've discovered, the links to these websites change ever so often and must be refreshed. Discovery Canada is another that has went down recently.

The CBC current affairs content along with Global News are the only channels left that I still use. Fortunately, I am found of the quality of CBC current affairs content (The Nature of Things, Doc Zone, The Passionate Eye, The Fifth Estate, Marketplace, The National , etc.), so the worst is yet to come.

It would be nice, though, if the channels that still work were moved to their own add-on. As stated, there are too many channels in Canada On-Demand to be one add-on.

I agree, the links do change often. Would anyone like to take this proj over? I have been looking things over including the log output and It would be a shame to lose it since all it really needs is some minor tweaks! This one has the potential of being a gem.
(2015-01-11, 05:00)Warner306 Wrote: It would be nice, though, if the channels that still work were moved to their own add-on

Or just disable the ones that don't work anymore and are too difficult to fix?

I only use it for Global News now, and haven't looked at any of the other channels.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11