• 63(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
(2015-01-26, 19:57)E-Man Wrote: I agree, the links do change often. Would anyone like to take this proj over? I have been looking things over including the log output and It would be a shame to lose it since all it really needs is some minor tweaks! This one has the potential of being a gem.

BUMP!
(2014-12-20, 22:58)smpn Wrote: Yeah, it was my DNS service. Changing the HTPC to use my default ISP nameservers fixed CBC.
Streaming video seems way better in Kodi Helix, less crashes/hangs glad I upgraded.

Addendum: It's not "obvious" that using US DNS would cause this problem. Using US DNS doesn't change your source IP address, I'm not using a proxy or VPN tunnel.

I too use a DNS service that causes Canadian streaming to think I am in the US. After some searching of logs, it's as simple as both US and Canadian TV services using identical streaming services, for example 'theplatform.com' or akamai... I wish someone would pick this add on up, or make it simple to change URL's. Perhaps not embedding them in the code, but putting them in an easy to modify file.
(2015-02-06, 19:05)E-Man Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 19:57)E-Man Wrote: I agree, the links do change often. Would anyone like to take this proj over? I have been looking things over including the log output and It would be a shame to lose it since all it really needs is some minor tweaks! This one has the potential of being a gem.

BUMP!

To this day I am using this add-on most days to watch the news on my TV (global news) - and have been using it for years. If this addon gets forked or if the existing developer is able to add new devs to the project I would like to collaborate with the new team. My coding skills are very rusty ATM so I can't really predict the outcome and can't really take the lead, but can certainly help.
Do you have a plan?
(2015-01-11, 05:00)Warner306 Wrote: The creator of this add-on was far too ambitious in including as many channels as are available. As I've discovered, the links to these websites change ever so often and must be refreshed. Discovery Canada is another that has went down recently.

The CBC current affairs content along with Global News are the only channels left that I still use. Fortunately, I am fond of the quality of CBC current affairs content (The Nature of Things, Doc Zone, The Passionate Eye, The Fifth Estate, Marketplace, The National , etc.), so the worst is yet to come.

It would be nice, though, if the channels that still work were moved to their own add-on. As stated, there are too many channels in Canada On-Demand to be one add-on.

What has changed since the plugin was created is that telecoms (Rogers and Bell) now own broadcasting in Canada, taking over nearly all broadcasting channels. Bell has DRMed all streaming content except for news. Therefore, anything CTV or related entity won't work in the plugin unless someone cracks FlashAccess DRM (cracking DRM is illegal in Canada now, isn't it?). The only aspects that will work is Local and National CTV news (not DRMed).

CBC isn't using DRM either.

I would guess all the Rogers entities are also DRMed.
Someone should remove the DRM content and leave the content that continues to be accessible and free. There is plenty of high-quality content left in this add-on, but it is buried in an unnecessarily large selection of channels.

The version I am using came from this Git source: https://github.com/marius-muja/plugin.vi....on.demand.

If anyone could fork it and start a new add-on it would be much-appreciated!
Great work !
Hi guys,

I live in Canada (Scarborough, ON) and nothing works for me in Canada On Demand which I just installed into my KODI 14.1, when I drill into any of the Canadian news stations I get a empty folder. Is there anyway to a live feed too?

THanks
see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216740
(2015-02-23, 13:43)smoothrunnings Wrote: Hi guys,

I live in Canada (Scarborough, ON) and nothing works for me in Canada On Demand which I just installed into my KODI 14.1, when I drill into any of the Canadian news stations I get a empty folder. Is there anyway to a live feed too?

THanks

I use Global TV for local news and CBC's The National for national news. Both of those stations work with the link posted above.
If someone could fix this, please. HGTV-Income Property Series 9 and 10 lack links to full episodes, whilst series 1-9 are fully accessible. Thanks.
(2015-03-17, 02:26)xbtoast Wrote: If someone could fix this, please. HGTV-Income Property Series 9 and 10 lack links to full episodes, whilst series 1-9 are fully accessible. Thanks.

Did you first check they are available on the website?
(2015-03-23, 00:27)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 02:26)xbtoast Wrote: If someone could fix this, please. HGTV-Income Property Series 9 and 10 lack links to full episodes, whilst series 1-9 are fully accessible. Thanks.

Did you first check they are available on the website?

Now HGTV.ca doesn't work at all in Canada on Demand. Sad

I see that CBC is branched out as its own add on now? Could something similar be done for HGTV Canada?
(2015-07-09, 14:13)mh83 Wrote: ... Now HGTV.ca doesn't work at all in Canada on Demand. Sad

I see that CBC is branched out as its own add on now? Could something similar be done for HGTV Canada?
learningit who is the author of the new CBC addon, also has a HGTV addon. Not sure of Canadian content but you can find all his addons here:
http://addons.kodi.tv/author/t1m/
Two Canadian networks that have websites with great archives of video content in the DIY/home improvement/travel/real estate categories are:

www.hgtv.ca

and

www,wnetwork.com

Is there anywhere specific to request that these be made into addons?
HGTV has its own addon in the Kodi repo.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11