List/Library, tagging Mp4. Merge XBMC library with DVDProfiler
Hi

I will ask some questions.. I`m not very good in English.

Question one:

I started with many dvd`s, and I use DVD Profiler to keep track og all my DVD`s.
But this is not so good when I passed over to XBMC, and start to use
the HD to store the movies from know and a way back.

But before I get so fare that I have ripped all my movies.. Is there a way to
import my movies thats just on DVD into the list on XBMC. But it most say inside XBMC,
the number its on the DVD.. All my DVD`s are numberd. So that has to
show. Or else I can`t find them. The numbers follows the collection number in DVD Profiler.

Wich program shuld I use to maintain my movies from now on?
List, and fanart and so on?
Emner Media Manager. Is this good?

I have to say, that the program to use must tolerate to be use on network drives.
Eaven better over FTP, localy becuase thats more secure inside my network.
Because all mye movies and eaven the the hole XBMC mediacenter is on an pc thats just set up to
be controlled by remote.. It works, but to work on the computer remotly I don`t want to.

Question two:

I have a lot of mp3`s, but a lot of then don`t have ID3 tags.. And I have read that that is very important
for XBMC it ID3 tags. And playlist? Is this right?

And, is there a good program to fix this?
F.eks. make the ID3 tag out of the file name?

Question three:

Is there important that the movies are in a folder for it selv. One and one.
Or is this best if I`m going to use f.eks. the Ember media manager?

Hope someone please can help me.

kindly

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Quote:Question two:

I have a lot of mp3`s, but a lot of then don`t have ID3 tags.. And I have read that that is very important
for XBMC it ID3 tags. And playlist? Is this right?

And, is there a good program to fix this?
F.eks. make the ID3 tag out of the file name?

XBMC uses the id3 tag for listing music when in library mode. If you are in file mode then you should be able to see all your mp3s without a problem.

That being said library mode is the way to go so it would be worthwhile getting your mp3s in order. I use a program called tag&rename in windows to do this. Its not free but it works and works well.

Tag&rename can use the file name for filling in the ID3 tags but it does work on pattern matching so its fine if you have all your mp3s named consistently (like artist - track name.mp3) but if they are all named in an inconsistent manner you'll have to manually go through and fix each one.

Quote:Question three:

Is there important that the movies are in a folder for it selv. One and one.
Or is this best if I`m going to use f.eks. the Ember media manager?

I keep all my movies in individual folders and then make sure I have the 'use folder name' selected in the setting for video library. XBMC does work if you have them all in one folder and you can use it in library mode too. But if you find movies that are not easily scraped you wont be able to add individual .nfo files for each movie if they are all in the same directory (or is this just for the .actors fodler??) I'm not familiar with Ember so can't say how that woudl work with all movie files in the one directory.

There is a post on lifehacker about getting your media in oder to use with XBMC http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/04/how...and-boxee/ and plenty of tips in the forums here to find out ways of doing it.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Thanks for this..
The music is going to be a big job... æææhhhh... Isn`t there any way that a program fetsh what kind of music the mp3s are via the web?? and do the work it self...

For the DVD`s, then I will make a folder for each movie..
But for the DVD`s that I don`t have on the computer, is there a way for this..
That I have explaned in the first post?
Foobar2000 can produce a tag out of a filename. There are various programs (Picard?) that can use musicbrainz information to grab correct tags as well.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pettergulbra Wrote:But for the DVD`s that I don`t have on the computer, is there a way for this..
That I have explaned in the first post?

I'm not sure on this but this thread may have something useful in it http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...VD+library
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
rocketpants Wrote:I'm not sure on this but this thread may have something useful in it http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...VD+library

This thread was helpful. But I alså found OfflineCreator.
And that looks great.. But I cant get it to work..

Is there anyone that can?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List/Library, tagging Mp4. Merge XBMC library with DVDProfiler0