PVR support added - report your bugs here
nasuh Wrote:you right. Settings->LiveTV->Menu/OSD -- "Show channel info when switching channels" enabled. And works in confluence but in all other skins (also cirrus) not work.

Never noticed that, thanx for reporting ( I know it's the wrong THREAD Smile )
Even strange as i've taken the biggest part from confluence ... have to take a look ...

cheers
moontan77 Wrote:when you click info on a channel and it brings up the option to "switch, record or ok", if the epg information is long the last line is behind those buttons and so doesnt look nice.

When you click on a channel and it appears in the small window, if the epg is long it scrolls up from the bottom of the screen and again doesnt look nice.

On Dushmaniac's pvr build you have to rename MyTV to MyPVR like described in the other thread, also a question mark icon appears over all tv channel icons.

Also in the recordings view, not a bug, but is it possible to have any different views yet with the pvr version? Would be nice in slide view with thumbnails of the recordings. Also in recordings view, it doesnt list the channel the program was recorded on. Would be useful for people who dont have channel logos.

I'm just another XBMC user (and now a great reFocus fan) like you.
Since these small bugs in PVR dialogs are bothering me too, I've tried to fix by myself. I'm not an skin developer, so I did it in the way it seemed ok to me.
I'm sharing my fix with you, so if you want you can try and see if it works to you too.

DialogPVRGuideInfo and MyPVR

These files go inside your 720p folder under .xbmc/addons/skin.refocus/ if you are using linux.

Sorry for my crappy english, itsn't my main tongue.

Jeroen, thanks for this state of art skin and keep going with your superb work!
@Dolence: thank you for the fix, and your English is fine Smile Unfortunately I can't verify if the fix is working on my end because channel switching doesn't work for me at all. Whenever I switch I get thrown back to the channel listing. But at least I am able to start channels again Laugh Reinstalling the MP server fixed it for me.

So, can everybody confirm it's working with this fix?

It also confused me a bit. From the reports here I assumed the issue of info not showing up concerned the full screen info. Example:

But the files you posted don't have anything to do with this. So maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue?

Also, can you guys play around with these settings in the tv settings screen a bit:

menu/osd:
-automatically hide channel information
-close channel osd after switching channels

And see if these have any effect on the issue?

Keep in mind though that XBMC's PVR features (and thus reFocus' support for it) are in an experimental stage. Things can and will break at various occasions. As for fixing bugs I'm dependant on whenever Dushmaniac releases a new Windows build.
Hi Jeroen!

I was refering to moontan77 issue described below:

"When you click on a channel and it appears in the small window, if the epg is long it scrolls up from the bottom of the screen and again doesnt look nice."

I fixed channel info display issues on channels list screen increasing the size of info group to show entire channel info when not playing a channel. If a channel is being played another smaller and scrolling info group is used.
In all EPG modes (timeline, channel, now, etc) I corrected the size of channel info and added scrolling too.
Whe you click on a channel and appears that small window I adjusted the size, buttom positions and added scrolling to channel info.

As soon as I'm in home I will test changing "automatically hide channel information" and "close channel osd after switching channels" and report here.

Thanks again!
Ah I see, that explains it Smile Reading back I should have seen that Big Grin
moontan77 Wrote:Also in the recordings view, not a bug, but is it possible to have any different views yet with the pvr version? Would be nice in slide view with thumbnails of the recordings. Also in recordings view, it doesnt list the channel the program was recorded on. Would be useful for people who dont have channel logos.

I don't think the PVR generates thumbnails of recordings yet. At least not in the build I'm currently running. Different views aren't possible either, but I don't think I would have multiple views in the PVR anyway.
So I added support for the color coded EPG timeline in reFocus, so that every tv program has a certain color, depending on what genre it belongs to.
Now, I don't get to see this probably because I have a really simple tv tuner that doesn't support it. So I have been coding that "blindly" so to speak.

So I have been wondering if anybody with the right equipment (or maybe it depends on what platform or xbmc build you're using?) is seeing a color coded EPG timeline?
If so, I would appreciate a nice screenshot of it Smile
Jeroen Wrote:So I added support for the color coded EPG timeline in reFocus, so that every tv program has a certain color, depending on what genre it belongs to.
Now, I don't get to see this probably because I have a really simple tv tuner that doesn't support it. So I have been coding that "blindly" so to speak.

So I have been wondering if anybody with the right equipment (or maybe it depends on what platform or xbmc build you're using?) is seeing a color coded EPG timeline?
If so, I would appreciate a nice screenshot of it Smile

I´m thinking it depends on the epg source.
Big Grin 
Here a screen of my colored EPG Timeline

hope it suites Big Grin

buzzer
Cool Smile Thanks buzzer, I'll add it to the screenshots thread Smile
Hi Jeroen,

Been testing PVR with your skin. I'm not sure what your plans are for channel logos. But do you plan to keep what you have at the moment with your personal logo's in Media/flags/networks as the only logo option?

because this will not work for 90% of people, because it truely depends on how they've named their channels... I noticed that i only had 1 of your logo's show up in my EPG list, but on further investigation, i noticed that you had almost all of my logo's in you flags folder, but they weren't named the same as my channels, so they did not show.

Everyone will have this problem.

OSD Channel list is looking good, It's using all my custom logo's from the pvr settings.

Also, with OSD Channel list, when i scroll to the bottom of the list, normally pushing "down" once again will bring me back to the top of the list. This does not happen in your skin, once i get to the bottom of the list, i have to scroll all the way back up to get to the top again.

Do you plan to change the Channel view to something different? Right now there is a (very) simple list on the left and nothing else... Channel logo's are not present, so it's hard to quickly see what channel is what...there's not much distinction between anything on the screen, and there is no program information displayed.

Once again, i have no idea what your plans are for these views/issues. Just thought i'd mention my experience.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Loggio.
I've not really made any final decisions about that. Indeed, it's all very dependent on how channels are named.
This has fallen to the wayside a bit, and the upcoming release will likely not address this yet. Once that one is out the door I will be focusing on the PVR a bit more again.
Some initial thoughts about possible approaches here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104895
New user of reFocus here. I really like the skin, but I have a problem with LiveTV:
when the "TV channels" option is selected from the left-side menu, I see a list of all channels with the title of the current item. However, instead of channel names I have 0.pvr, 1.pvr etc.
It looks like this:
Code:
1 0.pvr
title1
2 1.pvr
title2
3 2.pvr
title3
and so on... the titles are read from EPG correctly.

I do have channel names and my custom logos in other places - Settings, EPG view, pop-up menu in fullscreen mode etc.

Using 0.9.5 on latest openelec Eden-PVR build with tvheadend.
Sounds more like a problem with the backend to me. Did you check with Confluence?
Confluence and Neon have no problem with that.

However, I unchecked "always hide channel information" in Settings and the names appeared, and are shown even after re-enabling this option. So I guess problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR support added - report your bugs here2