MP4 Playback issues
I haven't been able to play 720p MP4 files. Anyone have a solution? The files I am trying to play are from this site below:
EDIT: (site removed)
what codec? what iOS? which version of xbmc?
OniFactor Wrote:what codec? what iOS? which version of xbmc?

h.264 codec for video. MPEG ACC (mp4a) for audio.
iOS 4.2
latest official xbmc build
hytek369 Wrote:h.264 codec for video. MPEG ACC (mp4a) for audio.
iOS 4.2
latest official xbmc build

make sure hardware decoding is enabled under settings.
I just went to the URL and download the latest episode of Naruto. I thought it might be the subtitle that is causing your problems, however, it ran perfectly on my ATV2. I was even able to fast forward and rewind without any slow down.
OniFactor Wrote:make sure hardware decoding is enabled under settings.

It's funny you mentioned that. After I turned OFF hardware decoding, I was able to play the file, but I have buffering issues.
dazex Wrote:I just went to the URL and download the latest episode of Naruto. I thought it might be the subtitle that is causing your problems, however, it ran perfectly on my ATV2. I was even able to fast forward and rewind without any slow down.

Did you download the 720p or the 480p?
I downloaded the 720p version. The ATV loves h.264 so you'd want to leave the hardware decoding on.
dazex Wrote:I downloaded the 720p version. The ATV loves h.264 so you'd want to leave the hardware decoding on.

When I leave the hardware decoding on, it would go blank and flicker and then go back to ATV2 main screen (Front Row).
In that case, turn on debugging and paste a copy of your xbmc.log to a site like pastebin.com. Then put the link here so we can take a look and see what could be causing your problem.
dazex Wrote:In that case, turn on debugging and paste a copy of your xbmc.log to a site like pastebin.com. Then put the link here so we can take a look and see what could be causing your problem.

I like that suggestion. I will give it a try later tonight.
Same problem with me
ernijr Wrote:Same problem with me

What kind of files are you playing?
2Gb Mp4 file and any MKV file
tks
come on guys, you know the drill. xbmc.log and mediainfo or no soup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4 Playback issues0