• 39(current)
[RELEASE] World News Live (Al Jazeera, CSPAN, CNN)
(2016-07-15, 22:00)charliekay74 Wrote: CNN Stream is not working on my system. Kodi 16.1

Same here with Kodi 16.1...
Im watching CNN with Zattoo now

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
(2016-07-18, 23:03)charliekay74 Wrote: Im watching CNN with Zattoo now

"Not available in your country yet" Sad

Sent from my LG-V521
(2016-07-18, 23:06)KeKyKo Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 23:03)charliekay74 Wrote: Im watching CNN with Zattoo now

"Not available in your country yet" Sad

Yup. Same here. Probably never will be available here. Undecided
Just to let you know, Bloomberg is not working.
Al jazeera, CNNi, BBC these all are the world's best english news channels rather NDTV 24x7 is also is the India's most goo.gl/g0osNg respect and leading english news channel. you can watch LIVE online through websites which are gonna streaming this channel.
Is this plugin still being supported/developed?
Since upgrading to Kodi 17.1/17.2 (OSMC 2017-04-02), it failed with message:
"one or more items failed to play".

I tried to play DW channel, Asia/Europe/German all failed.

Falling back to Kodi 16 would work.

I am running on Raspberry Pi 3, with OSMC. (Also tried LibreElec, same problem)
Having same issue as above.
I believe this addon has been abandoned by the various developers (@moneymaker, last visit to this forum January 2017, last post in this thread November 2015...), mostly because the main website that was used as the source - Livestation - made changes that made most of the channels unavailable to this addon.

You need to look elsewhere for your News sources now. Many channels have a YouTube feed now, so that makes life easier.

Some others may be found in some other addons, some of which may not be supported on this forum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2017-06-09, 08:31)jmh2002 Wrote: I believe this addon has been abandoned by the various developers (@moneymaker, last visit to this forum January 2017, last post in this thread November 2015...), mostly because the main website that was used as the source - Livestation - made changes that made most of the channels unavailable to this addon.

You need to look elsewhere for your News sources now. Many channels have a YouTube feed now, so that makes life easier.

Some others may be found in some other addons, some of which may not be supported on this forum.

The Pluto.tv addon has Bloomberg and several other news channels. But it lacks a lot of the ones the World News plugin has.

I happen to like France24, which is sort of like a French CNN, in English. I don't know of any other way to access their live feed other than the World News plugin though... Undecided
(2017-06-09, 08:31)jmh2002 Wrote: Many channels have a YouTube feed now, so that makes life easier.

I'm in europe, I watch France24 daily, its freely available live via YouTube.

Search for it via the Kodi YouTube addon, choose the channel, and add it to Kodi (as a Favourite, as a Super Favourite, to your Skin, to your Home Screen, etc)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2017-06-09, 21:54)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2017-06-09, 08:31)jmh2002 Wrote: Many channels have a YouTube feed now, so that makes life easier.

I'm in europe, I watch France24 daily, its freely available live via YouTube.

Search for it via the Kodi YouTube addon, choose the channel, and add it to Kodi (as a Favourite, as a Super Favourite, to your Skin, to your Home Screen, etc)

I have the YouTube plugin. I am subscribed to a lot of channels there. Last time I tried adding France24 via YT it wasn't a live feed- it was a bunch of clips, which is not what I want.

Perhaps that has changed... I just subscribed again, and I'll try it later on my Raspberry Pi.

I also like Euronews. All news outlets have their agendas and viewpoints, but I am just sick to death of the propaganda machines that the US news outlets have become. I find it interesting to see what people in other countries are thinking... gives one a broader and more dynamic perspective on the issues.
I repeat, I watch France24 live news video stream every morning via YouTube.

You dont need to subscribe to anything - in fact, DON'T do this, its why you get all the short news clips in My Subscriptions.

Go to YouTube > Search > France24 > and choose exactly FRANCE 24 Live - International breaking News & Top stories - 24/7 stream

(its the 3rd result on the search list for me, at the moment)

Then as I said, simply add it to Kodi as a Favourite, as a Super Favourite, to your Skin, to your Home Screen, etc.

Personally I have France24 directly on my home screen for instant daily access, and then my other news channels I have in a folder which I created with Super Favourites (changed the icon to the world news live one, because I like it Wink ) and after added to this folder to the home screen too.

So for example you could combine news streams from different addons (YouTube, Pluto.TV, etc) into this one folder so that all your news is together in one place. This is what I do.

EuroNews is there on YouTube too, follow the same procedure, choose "euronews LIVE" and check that it is the english stream, because it is available in multiple languages.

Hope this helps Smile Nod

NB: As far as the popular international english news channels are concerned, the following are all available as a free live stream on YouTube:

Al Jazeera, BBC, Bloomberg, EuroNews, France 24, Deutsche Welle, Sky News

I found it easiest to search for them via YouTube on the web, add them to a playlist first, but you can also do it directly via Kodi as I described above.
(2017-06-10, 10:32)jmh2002 Wrote: I repeat, I watch France24 live news video stream every morning via YouTube.

You dont need to subscribe to anything - in fact, DON'T do this, its why you get all the short news clips in My Subscriptions.

Go to YouTube > Search > France24 > and choose exactly FRANCE 24 Live - International breaking News & Top stories - 24/7 stream

(its the 3rd result on the search list for me, at the moment)

Then as I said, simply add it to Kodi as a Favourite, as a Super Favourite, to your Skin, to your Home Screen, etc.

Personally I have France24 directly on my home screen for instant daily access, and then my other news channels I have in a folder which I created with Super Favourites (changed the icon to the world news live one, because I like it Wink ) and after added to this folder to the home screen too.

So for example you could combine news streams from different addons (YouTube, Pluto.TV, etc) into this one folder so that all your news is together in one place. This is what I do.

EuroNews is there on YouTube too, follow the same procedure, choose "euronews LIVE" and check that it is the english stream, because it is available in multiple languages.

Hope this helps Smile Nod

NB: As far as the popular international english news channels are concerned, the following are all available as a free live stream on YouTube:

Al Jazeera, BBC, Bloomberg, EuroNews, France 24, Deutsche Welle, Sky News

I found it easiest to search for them via YouTube on the web, add them to a playlist first, but you can also do it directly via Kodi as I described above.

Ok, I don't even use Super Favorites, but I will give this a try when I have time.

I'm expecting a houseful of company so it won't be until after the weekend. But I will certainly give this a shot.

Thanks for the tutorial! :-)

Have a good weekend! :-)
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] World News Live (Al Jazeera, CSPAN, CNN)6