Is MySQL currently recommended?
Thumbs + all metadata, yes. Watched status, yes it let's you know what the server thinks is watched. What it currently doesn't support is updating that when a client plays something. This is certainly a planned enhancement.

It doesn't have to "sync" anything, as everything is being sent over the wire.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sounds interesting. That said it's rather a heavyweight app for serving, XBMC, vs MYSQL which I have on the machine anyway. I will think about it.

Sync was the wrong word - nothing is being synced the other (MySQL) way either, it's all on one server and sent over the wire. So much the same thing.

But using uPnP on the clients (I have one master XBMC machine that is always on and pulls the actual media from a Win7 server) - makes sense if it elimantes the need for the local paths to be the same (although that isn't too hard to achieve with mounts)....but I wonder about the load on my little Shuttle XS35...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
The next step would be to get rid of the render loop and remove everything unnecessary to running the "server" instance, yes. Minimizing the XBMC window drops quite a bit of that already, but it's still way, way, way over the top.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is MySQL currently recommended?0