libtool: Version mismatch error.
Is there a way to specify which libtool to use?

make results in:

Code:
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/petter/xbmc.git/xbmc/lib/libid3tag/libid3tag'
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.     -Wall -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_DEBUG -g -O2 -MT version.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/version.Tpo -c -o version.lo version.c
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6 Debian-2.2.6a-4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.10.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.6 Debian-2.2.6a-4
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[4]: *** [version.lo] Error 63

My system installed libtool is 2.2.10, but there seem to several in the source tree:

Code:
$ find . -name libtool
./lib/libid3tag/libid3tag/libtool
./lib/libapetag/libtool
./lib/cpluff/libtool
./lib/libdvd/libdvdcss/libtool
./xbmc/lib/libid3tag/libid3tag/libtool
./xbmc/lib/libapetag/libtool
./xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvd/libdvdcss/libtool
./libtool

Code:
$ ./xbmc/lib/libid3tag/libid3tag/libtool
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6 Debian-2.2.6a-4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.10.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.6 Debian-2.2.6a-4
libtool: and run autoconf again.
you have to autoreconf -vif lib/libid3tag/libid3tag to regen it's autotools to use your version of libtool

Don't get confused about refs to libtool in the source tree. libtool is one of those magic autoconfig things.
davilla Wrote:you have to autoreconf -vif lib/libid3tag/libid3tag to regen it's autotools to use your version of libtool

Don't get confused about refs to libtool in the source tree. libtool is one of those magic autoconfig things.

Thanks, but then I would need a configure.in in lib/libid3tag/libid3tag and there is none?
zener Wrote:Thanks, but then I would need a configure.in in lib/libid3tag/libid3tag and there is none?

and that's why there's a configure.ac.
davilla Wrote:and that's why there's a configure.ac.

I was on the Dharma branch (e9e9099) where there were no configure.ac either. Checking out master I was able to locate it. Thanks!

Got one step further...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libtool: Version mismatch error.0