Comprehensive InfoLabel list
Question 
Hi everyone.

Is the infolabel list comprehensive? I see the current list here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels

The reason I'm asking is that I'm working on porting the Boxee skin over to XBMC. So far I've got most of the navigation working and everything drawing correctly, but some controls aren't working. For example,

ListItem.Property(foldericon)

is used in one of the Boxee windows, but this InfoLabel does not appear on the Wiki page. So the list is either incomplete, or this is a custom InfoLabel that is specific to the Boxee app.

If it's specific to the Boxee app, then I'm guessing I have a couple options. I either need to find an XBMC substitute, or (I'm guessing here) I can create a python script that can be made to mimic the Boxee function in this case. Is this possible?

I'm a little new to this, but I'm having fun digging around in the boxee skin and seeing what I can get working. Thanks.

-Jerimiah
NOOO!!! Dont port Boxee! They are making money off of an open source application. Our hard work is being used for their benefit.

</rant>

To answer your question, I dont think it is a definitive list. But it will be close.
To learn more, click here.
I reference that wiki all the time, I cant think of a time when I noticed it incomplete. If anything it might have some old deprecated xbox infolabels still in the wiki...

What did that info label do?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
It's part of Boxee's 'Manage Sources' system. It works a little different than XBMC so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it (or necessary) to duplicate the function in XBMC.

Also, does anybody know how to trap the very top-level window's escape key to show a dialog? I'm trying to duplicate the Boxee quick-nav dialog functionality, but I don't know how to define a key for specific window. It toggles on and off with the esc key when you are on the main menu. Thanks.

Jerimiah
igotdvds Wrote:NOOO!!! Dont port Boxee! They are making money off of an open source application. Our hard work is being used for their benefit.

</rant>

To answer your question, I dont think it is a definitive list. But it will be close.

Boxee actually donate money back to XBMC if I'm not mistaken.
Hitcher Wrote:Boxee actually donate money back to XBMC if I'm not mistaken.

They appear as Sponsors at the main page, so they must be.
jerimiah797 Wrote:Also, does anybody know how to trap the very top-level window's escape key to show a dialog? I'm trying to duplicate the Boxee quick-nav dialog functionality, but I don't know how to define a key for specific window. It toggles on and off with the esc key when you are on the main menu. Thanks.

This window sounds similar to the one in XBMC that opens when you press 's'. In all likelihood, it's probably the same window just mapped to a different key.

Having said that, I don't think it would be possible unless the keyboard.xml file is changed to allow this.

Edit: the window I'm referring to is the shutdown dialog. While Confluence uses it strictly as that, I've seen many skinners use it for a quick-nav type menu - reFocus and Xperience come to mind.
Heheh. I like both Boxee and XBMC. I like the configurability of XBMC, but I really like certain things about the Boxee UI. I've wanted to learn more about skinning and XML for a while so I thought it would be a fun project to learn from. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Jerimiah
I personally would like to see a ported version of their UI. Even thought i think it's hard to stuff all that XBMC options in it without making it look ugly Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the support, vdrfan. It's coming along! Here's a screenshot of the Settings page. I haven't made any custom icons so far.. just seeing how far I can get using all of the built-in boxee art in their texture file.

-Jerimiah

If it's a property then it's a boxee-ism, yes.

The page should be reasonably up to date - if you spot something missing please let us know (or even better, update it yourself) Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This isn't the latest version of the skin but someone already made a conversion of the old boxee skin and some of links still work
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61554
Thanks for the link, Jezz_X. It is pretty old! I only started using Boxee about 6 months ago, so I'm not sure how much it's changed.

I downloaded the skin from that thread, but I decided I'm not going to look at it until I'm done with my conversion. I'm trying to learn, and having that skin around is gonna make me take shortcuts I want to work through myself. :-)

I'm also curious how my 'interpretation' of the skin will turn out compared to someone elses, so I'm not going to taint my process with other work right now. Heh.
I'm pretty sure the other one is a straight copy and fix the bits that didn't work in xbmc not a "Made to look like" skin
But it probably wouldn't work on current builds anyway

EDIT it looks like this

Image Image Image
Jezz_X Wrote:This isn't the latest version of the skin but someone already made a conversion of the old boxee skin and some of links still work
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61554

jerimiah797 Wrote:Thanks for the link, Jezz_X. It is pretty old! I only started using Boxee about 6 months ago, so I'm not sure how much it's changed.

I downloaded the skin from that thread, but I decided I'm not going to look at it until I'm done with my conversion. I'm trying to learn, and having that skin around is gonna make me take shortcuts I want to work through myself. :-)

I'm also curious how my 'interpretation' of the skin will turn out compared to someone elses, so I'm not going to taint my process with other work right now. Heh.

Jezz_X Wrote:I'm pretty sure the other one is a straight copy and fix the bits that didn't work in xbmc not a "Made to look like" skin
But it probably wouldn't work on current builds anyway

EDIT it looks like this

Image Image Image
Now's probably a good time to say that my current project is updating and modifying that build to run on XBMC but, as said, it's also an older version of Boxee so there shouldn't be any conflicts between jerimiah's skin and my own.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comprehensive InfoLabel list0