Can keymaps be skin-specific?
Or are they global for any skin that user selects?

If the keymap can be activated for only a certain skin, how would this be done? Thanks guys.

Jerimiah
jerimiah797 Wrote:Can keymaps be skin-specific?

nope.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie,

What I'm trying to do is to trap the 'previousmenu' key (esc) only on the Home screen to open a dialog. But I don't want it to mess with other skins. Any suggestions?

Jerimiah
jerimiah797 Wrote:Thanks ronie,

What I'm trying to do is to trap the 'previousmenu' key (esc) only on the Home screen to open a dialog. But I don't want it to mess with other skins. Any suggestions?

Jerimiah

since the escape key is unused in home, i guess there's no real issue to assign an action to it. it won't harm other skins (except for an error message in the log maybe when the escape key is pressed in those skins).

adding this to your keyboard.xml file should do the trick:
Code:
<Home>
    <keyboard>
      <escape>ActivateWindow(id)</escape>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>

but, the real issue is imo, you can't expect users of your skin to modify their keymappings just to reveal some skin functionality.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Good point about the user having to edit the keymap for the skin.

Is there a way to just define it in Home.xml instead? something like

<onpreviousmenu> Do x </onpreviousmenu>

I'm not sure where to look to see if that's a valid nav action.

(I'm right in the middle of the learning curve for this stuff, sorry if I'm asking obvious questions...)

Jerimiah
nope, not possible at all.
the only valid controls are
<onup>
<ondown>
<onleft>
<onright>
<onfocus>
<onclick>
Drat. Okay, any other ideas? I'm trying to launch a dialog from the home screen by pressing the esc key, the same way Boxee does at their home screen. Thanks for your help so far, ronie.

Jerimiah
it can't be done.
if you're in for a bit of reading, read this thread 'till the end, starting here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post653541
Good conversation! Looks like some of the questions I had were talked about. Has there been any movement on it? There were a few options put out there, including core changes. Looks like the last post was in November last year...

Jerimiah
jerimiah797 Wrote:Has there been any movement on it?

not that i'm aware of, no.
ronie Wrote:not that i'm aware of, no.

No, but something that I SERIOUSLY think would improve paperstreet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can keymaps be skin-specific?0