Slow GUI/Interface randomly, or after watching a video
I've scoured the forums for months, and I haven't been able to find a single thing to help me. I could really use some help, and I'm kinda at my last straw, which is why I'm posting now.

I have (2) XBMC machines:
-Zotac dual core ION2 machine, 2GB ram, 64GB SSD
-Lenovo single core ION machine, 2GB ram, 5400RPM drive

-DDS fanart is enabled on both. I've already gone through the library to generate backgrounds.
-Power settings are set to max as far as I'm aware
-No hibernate/sleep at all....

Both machines are streaming via Moca (coax ethernet). I've tested streaming directly from the box, and have the same issue:

Randomly, the whole interface/menu will appear to be laggy and sluggish. It may take 30 seconds or longer for it to become responsive again. I'm using the Confluence skin on both, which is the lightest skin of all from what I understand. DXVA hardware acceleration is enabled on both, both have Windows 7 and Aero disabled with nothing being run in the background for the most part (mainly just DROPBOX). I really want to be able to use an AEON skin (Aeon MQ2 which is suppose to work fine from what others are saying), but if my machine can't even handle Confluence, I'm lost. MQ2 works fine, but when im browsing movies and go back to the main screen, it's sluggish. Or if I watch a video and stop, go back out, everything is sluggish. Or it'll be in the menus and just randomly be sluggish.

Viewing task manager doesn't show much from what I can see. I'm not sure what's going on here. I'd rather not install Linux, and from what I've read, Windows should be able to handle this fine. I know my computer is capable of having a smooth interface, because it's smooth a lot of the time...but then randomly gets really choppy and unresponsive/slow.

Any ideas? It's really driving me nuts. Movies will play fine, but I hate having people over and want to show them my sweet media center setup to have it non responsible and laggy as if it's not working correctly.

I'm tired of this issue, and it's making XBMC an annoyance for me to use.
tocheeba Wrote:I've scoured the forums for months, and I haven't been able to find a single thing to help me. I could really use some help, and I'm kinda at my last straw, which is why I'm posting now.

I have (2) XBMC machines:
-Zotac dual core ION2 machine, 2GB ram, 64GB SSD
-Lenovo single core ION machine, 2GB ram, 5400RPM drive

-DDS fanart is enabled on both. I've already gone through the library to generate backgrounds.
-Power settings are set to max as far as I'm aware
-No hibernate/sleep at all....

Both machines are streaming via Moca (coax ethernet). I've tested streaming directly from the box, and have the same issue:

Randomly, the whole interface/menu will appear to be laggy and sluggish. It may take 30 seconds or longer for it to become responsive again. I'm using the Confluence skin on both, which is the lightest skin of all from what I understand. DXVA hardware acceleration is enabled on both, both have Windows 7 and Aero disabled with nothing being run in the background for the most part (mainly just DROPBOX). I really want to be able to use an AEON skin (Aeon MQ2 which is suppose to work fine from what others are saying), but if my machine can't even handle Confluence, I'm lost. MQ2 works fine, but when im browsing movies and go back to the main screen, it's sluggish. Or if I watch a video and stop, go back out, everything is sluggish. Or it'll be in the menus and just randomly be sluggish.

Viewing task manager doesn't show much from what I can see. I'm not sure what's going on here. I'd rather not install Linux, and from what I've read, Windows should be able to handle this fine. I know my computer is capable of having a smooth interface, because it's smooth a lot of the time...but then randomly gets really choppy and unresponsive/slow.

Any ideas? It's really driving me nuts. Movies will play fine, but I hate having people over and want to show them my sweet media center setup to have it non responsible and laggy as if it's not working correctly.

I'm tired of this issue, and it's making XBMC an annoyance for me to use.

I am not if this helps but I experienced the same issue a while back as well. I think it has to do with xbmc having trouble accessing the location where your media is stored at. For me the gui would get very unresponsive and jerky. My solution was to turn off any powersaving mode in my NAS. Even then, when I first use xbmc after a long idle, it will take a few seconds for xbmc to "warm up". Have you experimented with having one of your pcs connected directly to the router where your NAS or media drive is?
Nah, it's not that. I use to have the videos stored locally on the XBMC machine and I would watch a video, or just randomly be surfing through the menus, and then everything will be jerky for about a minute or so. It's rather annoying - I just tried a Linux installation and it works fine...haven't noticed it....but I hate linux because my remote isn't working as expected, and I'm having sound/driver issues, so I'd rather use Windows.
Hi

I have allmost the same problem as you guys, but my problem seems to be more constant. It doesnt help if i restart my computer, and Ive tried to disable fancy things that could slow down my system. Video playback of 720p mkv is smooth, so its just browsing thru menus and videos etc. who is a problem.

All my Videos are stored on a nas, who is wired connected to my htpc (100Mbps). I allso have some roms/emulators who is stored local on the htpc (launched with advanced launcher)

Status Debug Log text in upper left corner:
-MEM: is around 850000/1834232
-FPS: 40fps(not browsing) 15-20fps(browsing)
-CPU CPU 4 Core(s) average: 30%(not browsing) up to 100%(browsing)

Htpc: Asrock ion 300 ht, xbmc 10.1, Transparency! SVN v3.12.1 Windows7
NAS: Netgear ready nas duo 1tb
Router: Netgear wndr 3700

I was wondering if someone could take a look at my logs, to see if you can find anything wrong?

Log from where I just browsed thru menus and moviecollection:

XBMC : http://pastebin.com/QqN5x7Bz
XBMC.old : http://pastebin.com/qERUfrwU

Thanks in advanceSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:Hi

I have allmost the same problem as you guys, but my problem seems to be more constant. It doesnt help if i restart my computer, and Ive tried to disable fancy things that could slow down my system. Video playback of 720p mkv is smooth, so its just browsing thru menus and videos etc. who is a problem.

All my Videos are stored on a nas, who is wired connected to my htpc (100Mbps). I allso have some roms/emulators who is stored local on the htpc (launched with advanced launcher)

Status Debug Log text in upper left corner:
-MEM: is around 850000/1834232
-FPS: 40fps(not browsing) 15-20fps(browsing)
-CPU CPU 4 Core(s) average: 30%(not browsing) up to 100%(browsing)

Htpc: Asrock ion 300 ht, xbmc 10.1, Transparency! SVN v3.12.1 Windows7
NAS: Netgear ready nas duo 1tb
Router: Netgear wndr 3700

I was wondering if someone could take a look at my logs, to see if you can find anything wrong?

Log from where I just browsed thru menus and moviecollection:

XBMC : http://pastebin.com/QqN5x7Bz
XBMC.old : http://pastebin.com/qERUfrwU

Thanks in advanceSmile
What skin are you using? Thats one problem with low powered systems...there can be considerable delay with certain skins. This is why I will never get an Atom system again...I like all the fancy skins!
Quote:What skin are you using? Thats one problem with low powered systems...there can be considerable delay with certain skins. This is why I will never get an Atom system again...I like all the fancy skins!

Im using Transparency. It was running very smooth before, so I dont know what has happenedSad
Did you ever found a solution for this? I experience the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow GUI/Interface randomly, or after watching a video0