(Windows) 10.1 not finding tv shows correctly?
1) Have just upgraded from an old media centre running XBMC 9.11 on WinXP, to a new Win7 machine running XBMC 10.1, and whilst the interface looks a lot smoother and prettier the library's abillity to find and classify my tv shows seems to be a lot worse. Where the old version 9.11 was able to scrape info from TVrage, imdb, tvdb, and more, the new one only seems to have TVDB shown as an available source, and it's not finding a fraction of the shows the old version used to find. Is there any way I can fix this?

2) Also, in the old 9.11 version, if I added a film or show and it mistook it for another show, I could press "I" when the source show's name was highlighted, and it would let me choose from a list of shows to tell it which TV show it really was, but now this key seems to do nothing. I've also tried every other letter key and none seem to bring up the menu I need which will let me tell it which show it is so it can gather the correct episode data.

So, just those two little problems with 10.1 really, which can probably be answered easilly by someone in the know? Otherwise it looks great. Smile
I also have this problem. It only correctly recognizes The Office. It shows my library as having some really old and random shows that I don't have, but none of them contain anything.
Stickman57 Wrote:Where the old version 9.11 was able to scrape info from TVrage, imdb, tvdb, and more, the new one only seems to have TVDB shown as an available source, and it's not finding a fraction of the shows the old version used to find. Is there any way I can fix this?

If you go to the ADDONS menu it system, you can add back, at a minimum the IMDB scraper. I've never looked for the TVRage one, but it might be there as well. Once you do that you can pick a different scraper for the given folder. I don't think you can have multiple scrapers for one folder though. If that was an option in 9.x, I guess it's gone.

Stickman57 Wrote:Also, in the old 9.11 version, if I added a film or show and it mistook it for another show, I could press "I" when the source show's name was highlighted, and it would let me choose from a list of shows to tell it which TV show it really was, but now this key seems to do nothing. I've also tried every other letter key and none seem to bring up the menu I need which will let me tell it which show it is so it can gather the correct episode data.

I'm pretty sure the 'c' key will bring up a context menu where you can select SHOW INFORMATION (or something like that). From there you can refresh the show, and it should prompt you for that list of shows.

Hope that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Windows) 10.1 not finding tv shows correctly?0