[REQUEST] Saunalahti’s SaunaVisio Finnish Internet Television plugin or script
Hello,

I have a very specific problem which might not have any large interest. Anyway it would be great if someone could help or have any ideas how to solve the problem.

I subscribe a special Saunalahti’s Saunavisio Internet television service in Finland. This servise has possibility to record (or “save”) tv-programs on Saunalahti’s Saunavisio server. (The recordings are saved as transport steam.) One can then play these recordings on a tv-monitor with a special “Saunabox” attached to ethernet. Alternatively one can play saved recordings with a web-browser by selecting recording from a list on a password protected page. Selecting a recording then runs some kind of javascript, which in turn runs vlcplayer-plugin to play the recording.

I was wondering if I could somehow play these recordings with xbmc. It is possible to find the url of a certain recording by examining the source code of the mentioned web page and then open the specific url with desired media player (e.g. mplayer) on a PC to play the recording. Unfortunately this url is changed from time to time, so it is valid only for a while.

It would be most convenient if I could just use Linksbox –browser on xbmc to log on to the the page where the list of the saved recordings is. Then selecting a recording from a list would in turn run vlcplayer to play the desired recording.

I am a total n00b with xbox and xbmx and I am almost totally illiterate when speaking of web, source code etc. So, please forgive me if I use inexact or incorrect terminology and expressionsRolleyes
cokekola Wrote:Hello,

I have a very specific problem which might not have any large interest. Anyway it would be great if someone could help or have any ideas how to solve the problem.

I subscribe a special Saunalahti’s Saunavisio Internet television service in Finland. This servise has possibility to record (or “save”) tv-programs on Saunalahti’s Saunavisio server. (The recordings are saved as transport steam.) One can then play these recordings on a tv-monitor with a special “Saunabox” attached to ethernet. Alternatively one can play saved recordings with a web-browser by selecting recording from a list on a password protected page. Selecting a recording then runs some kind of javascript, which in turn runs vlcplayer-plugin to play the recording.

I was wondering if I could somehow play these recordings with xbmc. It is possible to find the url of a certain recording by examining the source code of the mentioned web page and then open the specific url with desired media player (e.g. mplayer) on a PC to play the recording. Unfortunately this url is changed from time to time, so it is valid only for a while.

It would be most convenient if I could just use Linksbox –browser on xbmc to log on to the the page where the list of the saved recordings is. Then selecting a recording from a list would in turn run vlcplayer to play the desired recording.

I am a total n00b with xbox and xbmx and I am almost totally illiterate when speaking of web, source code etc. So, please forgive me if I use inexact or incorrect terminology and expressionsRolleyes

Well, great idea, Script / plugin is the right solution for this. Question: Can the recordings be streamed from any IP or must it be via Saunalahti (operator)? AKA is the trafic restricted so that only Saunalahti's NetConnection is accepted?
This would be a bit inconvenient because you'd need to get the stream started on your computer first, but in lieu of a plugin you can stream anything to xbmc via vlc using this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=142239&postcount=1
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:This would be a bit inconvenient because you'd need to get the stream started on your computer first, but in lieu of a plugin you can stream anything to xbmc via vlc using this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=142239&postcount=1

Rubish, I tested this Saunavisio and there are no IP restrictions meaning you can Stream stuff to anywhere. In PC all you need is VLC activeX for Mozilla (naturally you have to install VLC as well in whole)

This menas that the PlugIN needs to logIn to saunavisio site with own credentials, parse the recordlist and extract the links and then produce a list to screen. Content is MP4 (SD, no 720p) so XBMC will know what to do with this. There is no need for Transkoding or PC at any time. Start crakcing folks.
I didn't say anything that is "rubish." We're both describing methods of using VLC to stream to xbmc... it's just two different ways to accomplish the same thing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:I didn't say anything that is "rubish." We're both describing methods of using VLC to stream to xbmc... it's just two different ways to accomplish the same thing.

This system does not require VLC at any point. The recorded TV programs are in Saunalahti's server that can be streamed either to Saunalahti's own SetTopBox or PC's FireFox browser, running VLC. In this case XBMC will take those roles and there is no need to even have PC or setTopBox.
If someone can help me, I'll do the work and test it, just need some pointers. I know what is needed..
Hi there.
Some one has already done some great job with this http://www.ihku.biz/saunavisio/

Now, how to make this work in XBMC as script / plugin!
Smile
Bit of topic. Is this service available outside Finland? My wife is Finnish but we live in the UK. If we could subscribe to something like this and then watch it through XBMC then life would be good.
stuartmarsden Wrote:Bit of topic. Is this service available outside Finland? My wife is Finnish but we live in the UK. If we could subscribe to something like this and then watch it through XBMC then life would be good.

Sure, I think that if you purchase this service, the postal adress might be better to be in finland.. not sure.
People u don't need any plugin or script for internet television, the software will be enough for that, try this one http://www.onlinetvx.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Saunalahti’s SaunaVisio Finnish Internet Television plugin or script0