will ssd drive fit?
i am thinking of buying a ssd drive for my nmedia 5000 htpc case. The benifits i am assuming are much quicker load times, better gui performance with loading fanart and thumb ect. I had a thought run across my head before purchasing :

"Will this even fit? all the drive i remember seeing inside my case are just normal size hdd bays. does the ssd come with some hardware to set it in place?"

thanks
Quote:does the ssd come with some hardware to set it in place?

I guess depending on the manufacturer. If not Google it.
if your bay does not have any 2.5" bays, then you simply need to purchase an adapter, or a retail package that includes the adapter. The Intel x25-v for example does include an adapter, the Kingston SNV452 alone does not, but the desktop upgrade bundle does. So look closely at the SSD you intend to buy and see if it includes one.

Otherwise, just track down a 3.5"-to-2.5" bay adapter such as this. or any number of others like it.
my Corsair Nova 32GB SSD came with the 3.5"-to-2.5" bay adapter Tongue
Dude, those SSDs have no moving parts, are cool and super light. Just use some two-sided velcro tape and stick it anywhere. You could probably even just let it hang from the sata/power cables.
+1 for the two-sided velcro tape mr.sparkle Tongue
mr.sparkle Wrote:Dude, those SSDs have no moving parts, are cool and super light. Just use some two-sided velcro tape and stick it anywhere. You could probably even just let it hang from the sata/power cables.

hahaha. i was thinking it didnt really matter either. well thanks guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
will ssd drive fit?0