• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
Kewlj1313 Wrote:Hello Popeye! Thanks for our hard work Smile just updated to 0.0.9 Smile loving it!

Thank you, comments like this really keeps my motivation going.

BTW go check out 0.0.10 of NZBS or 0.0.3 of Nzb.su .
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
Hey Popeye, I noticed that after upgrading to one of the newer versions (I believe 0.0.2 worked fine, but 0.0.6 didn't) I would get a script failed message after the first rar had downloaded and tried to start playback unless I launched XBMC as an administrator.

I'm not by my htpc at the moment, so I don't have a log, but I can try to provide one when I get home. It was related to a call to Python's os.remove() function; I believe the exact error was 'OS Error 13' and a message about not having sufficient permissions. Did something in the code change when either writing or removing files? Like I said, it didn't happen in the early versions.

I'm on Win 7 x64 with UAC turned off and the folder is not read-only.
@maruchan Does SABnzbd and XBMC run as the same user?
Thanks for the hard work Popeye - I finally got my setup working by figuring out that my incomplete folder was marked readonly. Now, I'm working to see if I can get things to work on my atv2 using some of the work from these guys - http://www.speedlabs.org/forums/index.ph...02.15.html

So far I haven't managed to get everything working but I'll update when/if I do.
mr.b Wrote:Thanks for the hard work Popeye - I finally got my setup working by figuring out that my incomplete folder was marked readonly. Now, I'm working to see if I can get things to work on my atv2 using some of the work from these guys - http://www.speedlabs.org/forums/index.ph...02.15.html

So far I haven't managed to get everything working but I'll update when/if I do.

Great you got it working! Im not sure what version of atv DV3B is using but maybe you can get some help?
Popeye, I just found your thread.
Good Lord...if we can get this working for NZBMatrix (I'll look at your NZB.su sample), this will be amazing.
As for waiting for the initial rar...would using the Theatre Experience plugin solve this? (play previews first before launching the movie).

Streaming from incomplete multi-part rars from usenet is the holy grail...looks like you've found it.

Cheers.
Good plugin. I do find it a bit buggy, it always crashes everytime I complete watching a movie / show or stop watching. I dont have same issue if I play form incomplete folder. It also sometimes fails to play the first par automatically, then plays ok if i play through the incomplete folder. I like how you have pulled all the info and covers from nzb.org, I think adding the file size in the info would be useful.

If anyone is interested I have developed a couple of tools. Both of which streams movies / shows from easynews.com, indexed from nzbs.org. One indexes all recent nzbs and finds the correct easynews unrared stream, creates a .strm file, which means you can add the show / movie to library without having the actual file downloaded, for when you want to play 'on demand.'

The other script lets you navigate nzbs.org and newzmatix.com web page, select movie, hit a button and the script looks up the easynews stream, then sends to xbmc the stream and plays.

The advantage is you get can get meta data as normal into xbmc.org library and stream instantanously, you can also jump /ff / rewind straight away. This works fine even with 1080p movies with my 30mb connection. Its kind of like the icefilms plugin using easynews which is a much better stream.

I would like to make a smarter xbmc 'plugin', but my programming skills are not the best, it would be pretty easy to do though.
lordindy Wrote:Popeye, I just found your thread.
Good Lord...if we can get this working for NZBMatrix (I'll look at your NZB.su sample), this will be amazing.
As for waiting for the initial rar...would using the Theatre Experience plugin solve this? (play previews first before launching the movie).

Streaming from incomplete multi-part rars from usenet is the holy grail...looks like you've found it.

Cheers.

I'm glad you like it. NZBMatrix shouldn't be any problems since they seem to have nice api description.
Just fixed an error in nzbs.su so use the latest source from github.

The waiting is only a problem if you're on a slow connection. Haven't looked into what theater experience are doing and if I find time I'll might do some thing... Big Grin
teddy6565 Wrote:Good plugin. I do find it a bit buggy, it always crashes everytime I complete watching a movie / show or stop watching. I dont have same issue if I play form incomplete folder. It also sometimes fails to play the first par automatically, then plays ok if i play through the incomplete folder. I like how you have pulled all the info and covers from nzb.org, I think adding the file size in the info would be useful.

If anyone is interested I have developed a couple of tools. Both of which streams movies / shows from easynews.com, indexed from nzbs.org. One indexes all recent nzbs and finds the correct easynews unrared stream, creates a .strm file, which means you can add the show / movie to library without having the actual file downloaded, for when you want to play 'on demand.'

The other script lets you navigate nzbs.org and newzmatix.com web page, select movie, hit a button and the script looks up the easynews stream, then sends to xbmc the stream and plays.

The advantage is you get can get meta data as normal into xbmc.org library and stream instantanously, you can also jump /ff / rewind straight away. This works fine even with 1080p movies with my 30mb connection. Its kind of like the icefilms plugin using easynews which is a much better stream.

I would like to make a smarter xbmc 'plugin', but my programming skills are not the best, it would be pretty easy to do though.

Buggy? Well I coded it Big Grin Seriously I need some more info since I don't have any of your problems. What version, what does the logs say, your settings?

As for your easynews stuff, very interesting but please post it in a new thread and publish the source on e.g. github and I'll bet you will get some help in making a new addon.
Hello Popeye,

Strong work on this plugin I really like it! I have ran into one issue running this plugin on OpenElec XBMC RC5. Also running your latest from git.

When I would select a video to play via nzb it would add to sab, get the rar, and then try to play, it would say Waiting like it was loading as it should but then the screen would go black and it would go back to the xbmc main page.

I figured out that it was because I had my XBMC setup to match the refresh rate of the video being played. I went into Video Playback settings and disabled this and it started working properly again.

I wondered if you could test this and see if you have the same results!

Please let me know as I can also provide some further information. You can also catch me on IRC freenode in the openelec room.

Thank you,

Jason
SABnzdb+ 6 now has 2 API keys. a general key and a nzb key. I used the general key and the plugin seems to work (Super awesome!). Could you use the nzb key to remove no longer streaming nzbs and reorder them in the queue?

Using 0.0.10 I get a script error every now and again. I've only tinkered with it, so I have no logs as of yet. I look forward to really trying it out tonight.
Great plugin, thank you.
My setup:
Win7 x86 client running XBMC 10.1
WHS v1.0 server running Sabnzbd 0.6.0 with "allow_streaming = 1"

In the above setup my "incomplete" folder is at "SMB://FILESERVER/Videos/incomplete" (an smb path). With this configuration your plugin can not open the incomplete folder, it gives an error. Same with autoplay.

I know the error is because of the smb path, because I tried your plugin in a local environment (everything running on another win7 machine) and it works fine.

Is it difficult to properly support smb paths in your plugin?
If you don't have the time to deal with it, could you give me a hint as of what should be fixed? Maybe I can give it a try myself (although I am a complete beginner with Python, I can code in most other languages).

EDIT
Sorry, I just read an earlier post describing the same problem, where you clearly say you can't do anything about amb paths. So please, just ignore my post.
Kewlj1313 Wrote:Hello Popeye,

Strong work on this plugin I really like it! I have ran into one issue running this plugin on OpenElec XBMC RC5. Also running your latest from git.

When I would select a video to play via nzb it would add to sab, get the rar, and then try to play, it would say Waiting like it was loading as it should but then the screen would go black and it would go back to the xbmc main page.

I figured out that it was because I had my XBMC setup to match the refresh rate of the video being played. I went into Video Playback settings and disabled this and it started working properly again.

I wondered if you could test this and see if you have the same results!

Please let me know as I can also provide some further information. You can also catch me on IRC freenode in the openelec room.

Thank you,

Jason

Thanks! I got all the sync playback options ticked and it works just fine for me. I guess you have tried playing the files with and without my plugin so it's not your set-up that is messing with you?
Must be some timing issue with the rar deletion...

kricker Wrote:SABnzdb+ 6 now has 2 API keys. a general key and a nzb key. I used the general key and the plugin seems to work (Super awesome!). Could you use the nzb key to remove no longer streaming nzbs and reorder them in the queue?

Using 0.0.10 I get a script error every now and again. I've only tinkered with it, so I have no logs as of yet. I look forward to really trying it out tonight.

The nzb key is only for adding and it's not enough for my script since it does re-ordering, deletion and repairing and ... Big Grin
cyberdad Wrote:In the above setup my "incomplete" folder is at "SMB://FILESERVER/Videos/incomplete" (an smb path). With this configuration your plugin can not open the incomplete folder, it gives an error. Same with autoplay.

Couldn't you just mount the share as x:\\ ?
Popeye Wrote:Couldn't you just mount the share as x:\\ ?

Already did actually. I did a network mount in windows for the "incomplete" folder as its path. I chose the letter "I" as in "I:\".
Doing so, there is no error message, yet XBMC just gets stuck forever when trying to open the "incomplete" folder ("Retrieving items 0%") or just gets stuck waiting for the whole nzb to get downloaded and then get stuck .
Which is a very weird behavior btw. I was under the impression that mounts should be handled as local sources in Python.
As a side note, the same source "I:\" can be accessed from both file manager and video sources in XBMC with no problem at all. But I am guessing this is to be expected since XBMC uses other libraries to reach network locations than Python.

If anyone has successfully used a mounted network drive in win7 x86 with this plugin, please let me know if you did anything special to make it work.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11