• 98(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
(2013-01-20, 23:27)Newsleecher Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 23:09)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 23:04)Newsleecher Wrote: So I think there is at least 2 solutions:
Modify Sab to ignore the control characters in the nzb files. Or modify your plugins to strip out the control character before saving the nzb file. I think the second option is realistic. Can you please see what can be done?

I didn't read properly Big Grin . Pneumatic has nothing to do with the nzb file. It merely sends the url to SAB and never touches the nzb. The fix is then in SAB or on your sites.

Ok seems reasonable. One more thing can you tell me, when I choose save to xbmc library. For some sites it saves just the strm file, and then when click play in the library it works fine. However for the problem sites it saves the strm files plus the nzb files into the library. Is it supposed to do that? I notice if I delete the local nzb file then it appears to work. Is there a way to prevent the nzb files from going into the library?

Now you come with new information Angry . This is the exact reason I why want a log... The problem is most probably caused by XBMC since it appends /x00 to whatever is being written using xbmcvfs. This should be fixed in the latest nightly builds but might have broken other things in my code. The saving of the nzb with the .strm was introduced so you could still use the strm files without the site being online or not....
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
(2013-01-20, 23:46)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 23:27)Newsleecher Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 23:09)Popeye Wrote: I didn't read properly Big Grin . Pneumatic has nothing to do with the nzb file. It merely sends the url to SAB and never touches the nzb. The fix is then in SAB or on your sites.

Ok seems reasonable. One more thing can you tell me, when I choose save to xbmc library. For some sites it saves just the strm file, and then when click play in the library it works fine. However for the problem sites it saves the strm files plus the nzb files into the library. Is it supposed to do that? I notice if I delete the local nzb file then it appears to work. Is there a way to prevent the nzb files from going into the library?

Now you come with new information Angry . This is the exact reason I why want a log... The problem is most probably caused by XBMC since it appends /x00 to whatever is being written using xbmcvfs. This should be fixed in the latest nightly builds but might have broken other things in my code. The saving of the nzb with the .strm was introduced so you could still use the strm files without the site being online or not....

No worries man I help you troubleshoot, just think of me as part of manual logging. So where we go from here? You come with new information too, before you said you were just sending the url info the sab Nod

The feature you have to save nzbs seem nice idea, but for me I would like that to be optional, is it possible?
(2013-01-21, 00:10)Newsleecher Wrote: No worries man I help you troubleshoot, just think of me as part of manual logging. So where we go from here? You come with new information too, before you said you were just sending the url info the sab Nod

The feature you have to save nzbs seem nice idea, but for me I would like that to be optional, is it possible?

Manual logging, Big Grin . I'm way to tired for this... Optional nzb saving is an option I can add. For now you can just add a # to line 55 of strm.py
(2013-01-21, 00:41)Popeye Wrote: Manual logging, Big Grin . I'm way to tired for this... Optional nzb saving is an option I can add. For now you can just add a # to line 55 of strm.py

Ok Thx! I comment out that line and now things seem to work. If you do decide to add in an option lemme know otherwise each time you make a new release I'll have to go in there and mess around with that file.
(2013-01-16, 16:28)jurm Wrote: OP just meant opening post. Never mind about the 0.3, I was getting Pneumatic and Newznab confused

The malformed results and script errors seem to on every single newznab listed site I've tried...

I will pm you a log of what I mean

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as you. Did you find the solution for this?
Thanks!
(2013-01-22, 10:08)perro6969 Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 16:28)jurm Wrote: OP just meant opening post. Never mind about the 0.3, I was getting Pneumatic and Newznab confused

The malformed results and script errors seem to on every single newznab listed site I've tried...

I will pm you a log of what I mean

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as you. Did you find the solution for this?
Thanks!

Yes, there is most probably an issue with the way meta data is parsed. In the site settings tab in Newznab you have settings for plot, actor, etc... If you dont care about the meta data just replace the regexps here with something like #!#!# and you should be fine.
I have a planned update of newznab where I will parse this information smarter and this error will not happen...
many thanks Popeye! as always answering all questions!
Unfortunately that didn't help, but it can also be that the newznab sites I have added, have some problems.
E.g.
nzb.su doesn't let me do any search anymore
nzb7.com doesn't work, but I don't know why

But I've added 2 other sites and they work, so I gues it's not the addon, but the site.
Thanks again for this great addon!
nzb7 the same as nzb.su: no api search for free users... Now everything's clear
(2013-01-22, 22:19)perro6969 Wrote: many thanks Popeye! as always answering all questions!
Unfortunately that didn't help, but it can also be that the newznab sites I have added, have some problems.
E.g.
nzb.su doesn't let me do any search anymore
nzb7.com doesn't work, but I don't know why

But I've added 2 other sites and they work, so I gues it's not the addon, but the site.
Thanks again for this great addon!
nzb7 the same as nzb.su: no api search for free users... Now everything's clear

Thanks, and great you found the answer!
Hey man,

In the newznab plugin can you add a setting for rating so we can define the regex? Ratings end up missing in some of my sites.

one of my sites has the meta info like this:
<b>Year:</b> 2002<br /> <b>Rating:</b> 5.6<br /> <b>Genre:</b> Comedy<br />

So I can adjust year and genre but I end up with no ratings because your plugin scans only the newznab attributes for the ratings Shocked Maybe you could assign an order. First try regex defined by the user and if nothing found then you look at the newznab attribute stuff?

Thanks
(2013-01-26, 06:01)Newsleecher Wrote: Hey man,

In the newznab plugin can you add a setting for rating so we can define the regex? Ratings end up missing in some of my sites.

one of my sites has the meta info like this:
<b>Year:</b> 2002<br /> <b>Rating:</b> 5.6<br /> <b>Genre:</b> Comedy<br />

So I can adjust year and genre but I end up with no ratings because your plugin scans only the newznab attributes for the ratings Shocked Maybe you could assign an order. First try regex defined by the user and if nothing found then you look at the newznab attribute stuff?

Thanks

Well, I was thinking about skipping the whole parsing stuff and follow the proper API. The info is in the attributes and the parsing is fragile. If the site is missing the rating attribute, cant you ask them to fix it? Big Grin
(2013-01-26, 16:47)Popeye Wrote: Well, I was thinking about skipping the whole parsing stuff and follow the proper API. The info is in the attributes and the parsing is fragile. If the site is missing the rating attribute, cant you ask them to fix it? Big Grin

Maybe but I have very little chance of changing the mind of newznab providers. Hey if the site includes imdb Id or rage Id. Can your code use that to retrieve all the other details like ratings plot etc?
(2013-01-26, 18:53)Newsleecher Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 16:47)Popeye Wrote: Well, I was thinking about skipping the whole parsing stuff and follow the proper API. The info is in the attributes and the parsing is fragile. If the site is missing the rating attribute, cant you ask them to fix it? Big Grin

Maybe but I have very little chance of changing the mind of newznab providers. Hey if the site includes imdb Id or rage Id. Can your code use that to retrieve all the other details like ratings plot etc?

If they have the tools to write the information that I'm currently parsing, It should be trivial to just follow the newznab API specification. If you look at the return for something like site.url/api?t=movie&imdbid=0038650&extended=1 you should see all you need. I will update the newznab addon to follow the API specification for stability reasons. As always, the code is free to be forked at github ;D
Great add-on, I'm not really interested in streaming so I just use the Newznab add-on really but I have a suggestion/request, it would be great to be able to just download straight away rather than having to cancel and then choose just download (perhaps I'm missing how to do this if it's possible already).

Also I'm having problems because many skins don't show the file size when using the Newznab add-on which makes it difficult to choose which file to get. It's fine in confluence and Aeon Nox shows file sizes in the tri-panel view but none of the other skins I have installed seem to show them.

Edit - It would also be amazing if it's possible to update the XBMC on completion of a download.
(2013-01-29, 13:06)moshbeard Wrote: Great add-on, I'm not really interested in streaming so I just use the Newznab add-on really but I have a suggestion/request, it would be great to be able to just download straight away rather than having to cancel and then choose just download (perhaps I'm missing how to do this if it's possible already).

Also I'm having problems because many skins don't show the file size when using the Newznab add-on which makes it difficult to choose which file to get. It's fine in confluence and Aeon Nox shows file sizes in the tri-panel view but none of the other skins I have installed seem to show them.

Edit - It would also be amazing if it's possible to update the XBMC on completion of a download.

Hi, you can allways use context menu > Download if you dont want to stream Big Grin . If the skin doesnt support file size I suggest you to take the discussion with the skin developer since there is little I can do about it. I just set the meta data information to a listItem and It's up to the skin developer to use it.

The last thing I don't understand what you want to do. Pneumatic has no tracking once the dl has started so if you want your library etc to be triggered, look into post processing scripts for SAB.
Thanks for the response, I should have tried the download option, I foolishly assumed that would be the same as just selecting it. I thought it was probably just down to the skin.

I missed out the word library but you answered the question any way, thanks for you help and awesome add-ons!
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11