• 96(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
(2013-01-11, 19:30)kong421 Wrote: Would it be feasable to just archive the first and last rars of every nzb in relevent catagories in newznab? Then you could stream anything instantly.
As far as raping my newznab provider I was thinking of just running my own so that wouldn't be aproblem. My connection is often doing nothing, has no enforced cap, sabnzbd can download at least 2mb/s without causing any problems, and i have a whole terabyte i can fill. I'm running xbmc/Sabnzbd/etc from a computer that's only a year old so the proccessor ect doesn't seem like a problem.

Honestly no. When should the rars be fetched, on start of the addon? then you will have a massive queue etc etc. What you could do is set up your own newznab server and configure that to fetch on the fly. A whole lot of hacking but that is the best place to do it unless you write your own tool/scanner to do the fetching...

(2013-01-11, 19:59)cflemm Wrote: Excellent work, pneumatic works great powering my Newznab/NABTV setup.

One issue I have run into: Some videos have a total path greater than 255 characters, leading to a SABnzbd disk write failure in Windows 7 (NTFS). I can limit the max_folder_length in SABnzbd to allow the download to work, but then the Pneumatic plugin can no longer find the file (looking for the full non-truncated path). Any way to add a setting to specify max folder length?

A setting in pneumatic wouldn't help since I then would have to emulate the SAB shortening method (tricky). Didn't you get a question about what incomplete to use? I added that in the latest version. If that is not working, could you pm a debug log?

Cheers!
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
(2013-01-11, 19:30)kong421 Wrote: Would it be feasable to just archive the first and last rars of every nzb in relevent catagories in newznab? Then you could stream anything instantly.
As far as raping my newznab provider I was thinking of just running my own so that wouldn't be aproblem. My connection is often doing nothing, has no enforced cap, sabnzbd can download at least 2mb/s without causing any problems, and i have a whole terabyte i can fill. I'm running xbmc/Sabnzbd/etc from a computer that's only a year old so the proccessor ect doesn't seem like a problem.

since .nzb files are just .xml files with a different extension you could write a script the copies the file and modifies it removing all but the first and last file then sends that to sab. Both Sab and newznab have pretty nice api's that would allow this. Of course if you got this working you would then want to setup a cron job to run your script every so often. Also I expect you will need more than 1TB

I think Popeye's right, I don't think it would fit well inside pneumatic, but an external script would be nice and may make it play better with pseudo tv.
(2013-01-11, 21:25)ckergald Wrote:

since .nzb files are just .xml files with a different extension you could write a script the copies the file and modifies it removing all but the first and last file then sends that to sab. Both Sab and newznab have pretty nice api's that would allow this. Of course if you got this working you would then want to setup a cron job to run your script every so often. Also I expect you will need more than 1TB

I think Popeye's right, I don't think it would fit well inside pneumatic, but an external script would be nice and may make it play better with pseudo tv.
This is great, thanks!
the 1tb isn't set in stone I could see going up to 6tb. When dmca's are issued do they they pull everything or just enough to cripple the download?
(2013-01-11, 23:40)kong421 Wrote: This is great, thanks!
the 1tb isn't set in stone I could see going up to 6tb. When dmca's are issued do they they pull everything or just enough to cripple the download?

DMCA - depends on the provider but from what I've seen it's usually the entire release is pulled.
Another common tactic I've seen on usenet recently is bogus releases being uploaded that are named like a scene release, usually of a movie that just came out or is coming out. It's appropriate size but will fail to extract. will just waist your bandwidth.
I installed pnematic, newznab, and nzbtv addons just a couple days go; all was good on Frodo RC3. Now, I can still access all addons and view releases (NZB.SU), but nothing is streaming, just downloading. I've double checked sabnzbd and my "allow streaming" is still checked. Any ideas? TIA.
As usual, pm a debug log to me and I'll take a look.
Since pneumatic is completely dependent on communication with SABnzbd I've been having an idea about breaking out the SAB part to a addon of it's own. Kricker made the first pure SAB addon a few years ago and I have continued with a complete re-write and re-use of the pneumatic parts (in sync with Kricker). If anyone is interested to give it a try, I have a early alpha here plugin.program.sabnzbd-3.0.0.zip.
Once the code is in a better state I will make it available from my repo and later it will be needed by pneumatic. The transformation of pneumatic will be automatic if you have my repo installed.

Please post or pm feed-back.
Tip: use the context menu
Known issues: Settings interface not completed. Priority missing.
I don't get it. Do you say, we don't need SAB anymore in the future?
(2013-01-15, 16:32)j1nx Wrote: I don't get it. Do you say, we don't need SAB anymore in the future?

No, just that the part of pneumatic communicating with your SABnzbd server will eventually be replaced by the SAB-addon i just presented Big Grin
Is it possible that the "always use defined category" option is broken in pneumatic, I created a category in sab called "pneu" with +repair as processing option then added said category in the pneumatic options but it keeps placing everything in the default one. I streamed a file with debug option turned on but i'm not at the main pc right now, will send a pm with it later today if needed.
(2013-01-15, 16:54)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 16:32)j1nx Wrote: I don't get it. Do you say, we don't need SAB anymore in the future?

No, just that the part of pneumatic communicating with your SABnzbd server will eventually be replaced by the SAB-addon i just presented Big Grin

Ah OK, got it!

I think he is saying to split the SABnzbd part from Pneumatic and make it a separate addon Wink
(2013-01-15, 17:20)schumi2004 Wrote:

I think he is saying to split the SABnzbd part from Pneumatic and make it a separate addon Wink

Right!

For those of you trying my SAB addon. The "settings" link in context menu is broken Tongue
I've started getting 'malformed result' for su and other sites recently. My newznab shows up as 0.24 in the repo and installed version (but it says 0.3 in the op, I've downloaded 0.3 but that shows up as 0.2 when I install it)

This has only started happening the past week, is it just me that's getting this?

-edit- I'm getting 'script failed' as well now when trying to browse another site that I've made sure I've got the credentials in correctly
(2013-01-16, 14:35)jurm Wrote: I've started getting 'malformed result' for su and other sites recently. My newznab shows up as 0.24 in the repo and installed version (but it says 0.3 in the op, I've downloaded 0.3 but that shows up as 0.2 when I install it)

This has only started happening the past week, is it just me that's getting this?

-edit- I'm getting 'script failed' as well now when trying to browse another site that I've made sure I've got the credentials in correctly

You mean 0.2.4? That is the latest. I don't understand what you mean by "op" and I have nothing named 0.3... Malformed results are usually due to blocking by the site and the response is not an xml...
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11