• 114(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
With official Kodi 14 soon to be released any chance of making Pneumatic Helix comaptible?

As for the advatages (for me)

With Helix I can use sms style [/u]input so you can type letters with yout remote. (not possible with beta 4)
Kodi no longer crashes on exit with PVR addon enabled in latest RC2.
Yes, absolutely. SMS style hasn't that been around for quite some time? I use it to quick jump in the library, some xml file you had to fiddle with...
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
(2014-12-09, 00:50)Popeye Wrote: Yes, absolutely. SMS style hasn't that been around for quite some time? I use it to quick jump in the library, some xml file you had to fiddle with...

Yes it was. Than it got broken with some Helix alpha release and wasn't fixed until some other addons stopped working (Murphy's law)
I assume when Helix is promoted to stable version and lot of people start using it you'll se a bunch of requests to fix the Pneumatic.
Since RC3 is already out that could happen any time. Wish to see it working soon , but hey, it's your addon, and you can do what pleases you.
Can I just stream movie or tv show like in Easynews with iStream with this addon?
(2014-12-13, 06:49)carmelo987 Wrote: Can I just stream movie or tv show like in Easynews with iStream with this addon?

Yes you can. In addition to usenet provider (giganews, easynews) account and nzb indexing account (nzb.su) you need SabNZB application installed
Then you input all the credentials and API keys into Pneumatic and NewzNab addon (part of the Pneumatic) and off you go.
Interesting.

So here it is what I'm looking for. Currenly I use Pulsar addon, it's a great addon for movies and tv shows who transform your XBMC into basically one video on demand service. XMBC let you to choose movie or tv show from allready instaled themoviedb and thetvdb addons then Pulsar serach via his greatly done providers through trackers for torrents to play. E.g you want to choose movie Dawn of the Planet Apes, then Pulsar will go through his tracker providers, serach for you which torrents are available and it will show you results. It's just e.g... Dawn of the Planet Apes 1080p x264 DON, Dawn of the Planet Apes 720p x264 Sparks, Dawn of the Planet Apes YIFY and you choose wich ever you want stream/torrent to watch just you should care for seeders too. If you want to play high quality video you need to catch adequate speed. But important thing is all is done in XBMC. You don't have to minimaze things, search on different places, put manually in library etc. just select, select and play. One minut process and you're in.
But when you want to watch older stuff, especially tv shows you can have problem with seeders and then with speed on public trackers cause Pulsar providers only works with public trackers (at least for now). And I know that usenet don't have problem with that. You can download any file who is old 2,3,4 years with max you speed.

So I'm interested does Pneumatic works like Pulsar or you need more effort to watch desired content? It doesn't matter if I have to install SABnzbd or something else just it's important for me that Pneumatic works all in XBMC. I tried on youtube to see some video for pneumatic and how he works but there is nothing there so I decided to ask here. If it's like Pulsar just insted torrents is news files or whatever they called then it's not too much for me to pay 15 buck for some usenet server to watch monthly.

Sorry for my bigger post but I wanted to explain nicely and clearly what I'm looking for. Smile
Yes, search or browse and play within xbmc is what you get. But no cross indexer search.
Thanks for your answer, I needed to hear that. Smile

Oh and one thing given that you follow usenet ongoings, does Easynews gives plans with unlimited bandwidth? I mean I can pay 30 bucks for service but if I get 150GB only per month for that price... well it's kinda rude offer don't you think? I mean I can't belive they give so little for that price? Theres gotta be some catch in that that offer. Or 15 bucks for 40 GB per monthHuh
Thanks to Popeye for all his Hard Work and continued development on all of his ongoing and past add ons.
I dont think the Nzbtv thread is active any longer so forgive me for posting here but I am at wits end Anyone willing to help is appreciated
I am trying to use a custom channel.xml file that was linked in the most recent post via the Nzbtv add on with only 10 stations and 50 shows but after setting it in the config menu either remotely or locally the channel list i have set will not show it just loads and shows the built in remote channel xml from the add on developers repo.I am able to access the my custom xml in question via my web browser but not with the Nzbtv add on even going as far as editing both addon and userdata folders for the plugin.video.nzbtv files that list ckergald's github.com default remote xml channel list such as the addon.xml or the settings.xml with my custom.xml and still the channel list from the repo is still cached.
So my Question to anyone who may be able to help is HOW do I use my own custom channel.xml list what am I missing in the steps needed?or is the default xml the only one that can be used?Can I use my own channels.xml by just editing out what is not needed and adding my own content "channels and shows" by just using the template or sample xml provided in the Nzbtv threadHuh
FYI No script errors and I can not find anything useful to add to this post in my log files

gotham 13.2
nzbtv 0.2.7
newznab 0.2.5
pneumatic 0.3.1
Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite

Thanks again
You should be able to use your own xml. Just make sure its not broken. Look in the userdata addon folders for xbmc and clean out the cache file if needed. Last but not least, read the logs and see if you can find any info there..
(2014-12-17, 11:48)Popeye Wrote: You should be able to use your own xml. Just make sure its not broken. Look in the userdata addon folders for xbmc and clean out the cache file if needed. Last but not least, read the logs and see if you can find any info there..

Thanks for the immediate response-when you say xbmc folder do you mean the root folder where the plugin program and video folders are held because I already have or is this a seperate folder I have looked into all of the other folders in the userdata,addon_data and addons folders.I have cleaned out the cache folder located inside the plugin.video.nzbtv.Could you please tell me where is this xbmc cache folder you speak of located?How do I verify a .xml file is broken or not-I am able to click on my custom xml and go to a google web page listing its components whereas before if I had any errors it would show when clicking on the .xml in a pink box stating what needed to be corrected and which line for example line 6 column 14.I have since corrected all errors and now I am able to see all its contents via google.So in closing how else can I verify an xml is not broken??Where is this cache you speak of other than the one in the addon_data/plugin.video.nzbtv??
I again have checked the log and there are no errors to speak of that I can find-Could you please take another look at this nzbtv addon and see if you yourself can add a custom local or remote xml and maybe recreate or experience the error.I am sure as anyone else your time is valuable but I have been trying to get this to work on my own to learn how coding works in xbmc files but I am at a crossroads and as always you help would be greatly appreciated.
On a side note I have been trying to create an nzbdrone/sonarr addon myself and am curious on how all the components and files come together to make a functioning addon but if I can't even get an xml file working in an addon LOL I think I may just be shooting for the stars.The sickbeard add on is great but with the release of the nzbdrone/sonarr I think it would be a welcomed addon to many usenet users.
Would you be willing to contribute to this idea or possibly take on this project yourself.I will help in anyway i can as lately I have nothing but time and this would be a project that could keep me busy.PM me or post back when you have the time.

Thanks Popeye
hi popeye does this work with nzbplanet.net?
Hello dear people.
Thank you for developing these great plugins!

I need help with the following:
- can someone give an example what to put in when configuring newznab? I tried with usenet-crawler, including my ID and API key, and I tried with id and key = 0 with the free site nzbid.org- I always end up with a "malformed result" box.
please make the example something thats not a paysite Smile

- is there any way to reliably stream anything that is not password-protected? I use town.ag normally- their releases are never offline (almost) - but they're password-protected.
please tell me how to find unprotected, reliable nzbs OR how I can stream passwordprotected files. Smile
I tried hardcoding the password in the default.py -

Code:
if (len(play_list) > 2):
                rar = []
                for arch_rar, movie_file in zip(play_list[0::2], play_list[1::2]):
                    raruri = "rar://[Password].with.dots@" + utils.rarpath_fixer(folder, arch_rar) + "/" + movie_file
                    rar.append(raruri)
                    raruri = 'stack://' + ' , '.join(rar)
            else:
                raruri = "rar://[Password].with.dots@" + utils.rarpath_fixer(folder, play_list[0]) + "/" + play_list[1]
            uri = raruri

result: "Script failed". actually, even my own .strm files with that syntax fail.
the suggestion from popeye- to include the line
"rf.setpassword('PASSWORD')" - results in pneumatic giving a script error right on starting the plugin ( so it wont start)

Popeye? Anyone else? Smile

EDIT: I just realized, SabNzbd is not available for android. why not change pneumatic to nzbget? all-in-one android tv box Smile

Thank you very much, and happy new year everyone! Smile
Once again, the newznab addon only works with newznab api compatible sites. Anyone can make an addon for their favorite site since pneumatic offers a simple API.

Regarding nzbget, I don't use it and I'm not sure it supports the features Pneumatic needs. However, if anyone bothers to write a nzbget addon, I'm willing to help out with pneumatic support/integration.

Last but not least, in the coming weeks I plan to update Pneumatic and make it depend on the sabnzbd addon. There might even be some feature additions ;D
(2015-01-14, 11:52)Popeye Wrote: Last but not least, in the coming weeks I plan to update Pneumatic and make it depend on the sabnzbd addon. There might even be some feature additions ;D

thanks, will be waiting...
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11