Logitech DiNovo media desktop support
alright...

i just bought an expensive keyboard/mouse combo, logitech dinovo media desktop.

view details

anyways, i got this thing so i could put the xbox in the trunk of my car and have control over xbmc in the driver's seat. the whole purpose was to use the media pad. i didn't expect support for the display of the thing, but i wanted to get at least the up/down/left/right/enter blah blah to work, but to my dismay, nothing works on the pad at all.

the keyboard works fine (it's much larger in real life, the picture is quite decieving), the mouse does not, and the media pad doesn't either.

i briefly installed x-linux on this thing to see what i could get shaking, the media pad worked fine, minus the bells and whistles, it still functioned.

i could go ahead and make a media player out of linux for this thing, but xmbc is sooo much superior. faster load time (xlinux takes sooo long in comparison), features, and just the look and feel.

i've made xbmc my dash for this project, gotta love it.

anyways, any help/feature support would be great. otherwise i gotta go wtih xlinux Confused
Smile 
don't know how (and why) you expect a developer to implement that without owning one of those keyboards/pads :hmm: ...no pun intended but don't hold your breath
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
the only thing special about this keyboard/mouse combo, is that it uses bluetooth.

i dunno how far xbmc developers are going to go to get their software to support different keyboard/mouse combos, but as is, it's limiting using the xbox's native keyboard/mouse support.
it's limiting? that's news to me! i have used several different types of keyboards with mine and all seem to work fine...what exactly are you going to use a mouse in xbmc for anyway? nothing! exactly...better bet is just buy a nice remote and program it to everything in your car so you can control xbmc, cd player, etc. makes a lot more sense than having 5 different remotes in your car...that's bad enough in a house!
(los93sol @ feb. 07 2005,18:30 Wrote:it's limiting?  that's news to me!  i have used several different types of keyboards with mine and all seem to work fine...what exactly are you going to use a mouse in xbmc for anyway?  nothing!  exactly...better bet is just buy a nice remote and program it to everything in your car so you can control xbmc, cd player, etc.  makes a lot more sense than having 5 different remotes in your car...that's bad enough in a house!
the only thin i want to use is the key pad of this set. the mouse and giant keyboard are not gonna be used, but for some reason, only the keyboard works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech DiNovo media desktop support0