• 34(current)
Design Flaws / Missing Features
Skin is coming up as broken since RC2 was released. Hopefully it will be fixed.
Is there a possibility to arrange home items vertically?
surprisejunkie Wrote:i just upgraded from Dharma to Eden RC2 and installed the latest version of Neon SVN and i noticed the music shelf view is broken. everything that was set to shelf view pre-upgrade now cannot be accessed and just shows a blank screen. ie. viewing my albums does this

disabling the view returns it to list view but as i keep most of my music library in shelf view this doesn't really help. all i can learn from my log is:

Code:
16:41:23 T:4332   ERROR: Control 51 in window 10502 has been asked to focus, but it can't

any possible fix for this?

I suspect it's a conflict in your guisettings.xml file. I'd go into settings > skin > reset the skin and see if that helps. If that still doesn't do the trick, delete guisettings.xml.

mattwakeman Wrote:Skin is coming up as broken since RC2 was released. Hopefully it will be fixed.

It's been resubmitted, just had to make a couple of changes for Eden

bboo Wrote:Is there a possibility to arrange home items vertically?

Nope.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I suspect it's a conflict in your guisettings.xml file. I'd go into settings > skin > reset the skin and see if that helps. If that still doesn't do the trick, delete guisettings.xml.

already attempted this previously but unfortunately neither thing works.

here's a log: http://pastebin.com/hPsaixZL
if anything can be done it would be great help since i really don't want to go through a clean install again

thanks

EDIT: actually did try a completely fresh install, deleted any previous trace of anything but still get the same result with shelf view broken. odd
surprisejunkie Wrote:already attempted this previously but unfortunately neither thing works.

here's a log: http://pastebin.com/hPsaixZL
if anything can be done it would be great help since i really don't want to go through a clean install again

thanks

EDIT: actually did try a completely fresh install, deleted any previous trace of anything but still get the same result with shelf view broken. odd

It does appear to be borked up - I'll work on it this weekend.
-stoli-
Morning!

First time using this skin and its sweeeet.

Noticed 1 thing so far, lil bit of an overlap on the Info screen while playing an mp3 longer than 60 minutes

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221...1ocex.png/

Cheers!
Hey Stoli,

I saw that you were looking into the media flag thing so I thought I would share. I'm not sure if its a skin issue, Eden issue or addon issue but here is how the flags are working for me:

Library content stored on HD/network - works perfectly
Library content from hulu addon - works if the flags are applied manually
xbmc flicks addon - flags disapear and can't be applied manually
Icefilms - works if applied manually

I'm using Neon [SVN] in Eden RC2 on Win7 x64

P.S. Love the skin, I've been using it exclusively for the last year and it just keeps getting better with each update. Thanks for all the hard work!
(2011-11-25, 19:47)distracto Wrote: i have noticed that when using fanart view in tv series there is transparency in the bar where the logos are displayed. however after watching a show , when i back out to that menu again, the transparency is gone and the logos are on a solid bar.

not a big deal, but i did like the fact that the bar was transparent - lets you see all the fanart and looks cleaner

i am running xbmc 10.1 on ubuntu oneiric

great skin by the way, i stumbled across it and really love it - very classy looking

I am having this same issue. I had forgotten all about it until I recently was checking out another skin and when I switched back to Neon the logo bar was transparent, at least for a a bit.
(2012-03-20, 20:47)kanedamgm Wrote:
(2011-11-25, 19:47)distracto Wrote: i have noticed that when using fanart view in tv series there is transparency in the bar where the logos are displayed. however after watching a show , when i back out to that menu again, the transparency is gone and the logos are on a solid bar.

not a big deal, but i did like the fact that the bar was transparent - lets you see all the fanart and looks cleaner

great skin by the way, i stumbled across it and really love it - very classy looking

I am having this same issue. I had forgotten all about it until I recently was checking out another skin and when I switched back to Neon the logo bar was transparent, at least for a a bit.

Yeah, that's been around for a long time. I remember just getting frustrated trying to find the cause and gave up. Smile I'll revisit it in the near future.
-stoli-
(2012-03-20, 20:52)stoli Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 20:47)kanedamgm Wrote:

Yeah, that's been around for a long time. I remember just getting frustrated trying to find the cause and gave up. Smile I'll revisit it in the near future.

WOW that was freakin' quick! Thank you.

Neon is now booting into a black screen. I can clear this by hitting back on my remote or esc on my keyboard. Anyone else with this?
(2012-03-24, 02:42)vijayk416 Wrote: Neon is now booting into a black screen. I can clear this by hitting back on my remote or esc on my keyboard. Anyone else with this?

If you encounter this problem i guess you are using the SVN version of Neon. Take a look at the post from Stoli at this thread:
xbmc intro for the reason and what to do.
i actually had to install the xbmc intro plugin to be able to bypass the problem, i didn´t want to do a complete skin reset.
Download location for the xbmc intro plugin, see the first post in that thread

(2011-05-09, 15:16)Raptylos Wrote: Thanks for this awesome skin.

When you switch to fullscreen while playing music, the dark gradient at the bottom of the screen does not disappear after fading out the info/title.
This causes a high load and makes the visualisation slower.

Using latest SVN as of 05/09/2011 from passion repo.

Thanks for your highly appreciated work !

Raptylos

I've been bugged by the same thing for ages! Did this ever get looked at as I appreciate this was mentioned a while ago. I have just deleted and redownloaded the official Neon and I'm still seeing it......
(2012-03-31, 00:22)fdrzrich Wrote:

When you switch to fullscreen while playing music, the dark gradient at the bottom of the screen does not disappear after fading out the info/title.

Raptylos

I've been bugged by the same thing for ages! Did this ever get looked at as I appreciate this was mentioned a while ago. I have just deleted and redownloaded the official Neon and I'm still seeing it......

Bug is still there. I've switched to more powerful hardware, hence the issue is no longer relevant to me Big Grin
Stoli, is it possible to implement the translucent buffering indication bar, that is implemented in confluence and aeon ?
E.g. when you view a stream from youtube, you can see the buffering progress in the progress bar.
(2012-03-31, 16:43)Raptylos Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 00:22)fdrzrich Wrote:

Raptylos

Bug is still there. I've switched to more powerful hardware, hence the issue is no longer relevant to me Big Grin
Stoli, is it possible to implement the translucent buffering indication bar, that is implemented in confluence and aeon ?
E.g. when you view a stream from youtube, you can see the buffering progress in the progress bar.

Cheers for the update, it's not that my PC struggles with processing it, it just annoys me that the graphics aren't the same brightness on the whole screen. I love Neon but think I'll have to switch to another skin as my main one, probably Transparency....
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Flaws / Missing Features0