disc number in skin xml files
hello i am trying to customize the "song information" dialog box in the confluence skin.

i am looking to make disc number a field in the dialog. while doing this, it seems i noticed an error in the way it is currently setup.

it seems there is no ListItem.Discnumber available, and the only option that is configured for the skin to create this field is MusicPlayer.DiscNumber. without customizing anything, the way "song information" currently works is to popluate the disc number after the album name.

<label fallback="161">$INFO[ListItem.Album]$INFO[musicplayer.discnumber, - $LOCALIZE[427]:]</label>

this is somewhat incorrectly implmented.

what happens is that if i am currently playing disc 10 of a ten disc set, and scroll through my collection and choose a song from any other album, or any other disc even, and view its "song information" it will still disply "disc 10" after the album title for the song whose information i am currently viewing. in other words, it shows the discnumber for the currently playing song and not the song that is selected.

from other threads it seems that the disc number field is available as a %S from the id tag. (the musicplayer field must be getting it from somewhere...)

anyway, is there any way to get <label> to be the disc number of the selected song and not the currenty playing item?
Certainly an oversight. Will fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

3882b74 has this. I've also changed it so that it's no longer zero padded.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i actually like the zero padding.

how did you fix this?
will there be a listitem.discnumber value now?

with the current version, how can i grab the disc number of the selected track and not the currently playing track?
koawmfot Wrote:i actually like the zero padding.

how did you fix this?

you can check the git commits here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6fc6...384aeca74c
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3882...e179a08c28
koawmfot Wrote:will there be a listitem.discnumber value now?

yup :-)

koawmfot Wrote:with the current version, how can i grab the disc number of the selected track and not the currently playing track?

change:
<label fallback="161">$INFO[ListItem.Album]$INFO[musicplayer.discnumber, - $LOCALIZE[427]:]</label>
to:
<label fallback="161">$INFO[ListItem.Album]$INFO[listitem.discnumber, - $LOCALIZE[427]:]</label>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:change:
to:
<label fallback="161">$INFO[ListItem.Album]$INFO[listitem.discnumber, - $LOCALIZE[427]:]</label>

i kind of meant with 10.0 version. anyway, i'll just upgrade, but i've never compiled code. which nightly do you think it will make it into? thanks for the info and the fix! you guys are great.

(i am brand new to this and had tried listitem.discnumber before even looking up the available $info's. i'm glad to know i had the right idea...)
it should be available in the current nightly build (20110326).
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Oh, and I'd be much obliged if you could add the listitem.discnumber infolabel to the wiki.

jmarshall Wrote:Oh, and I'd be much obliged if you could add the listitem.discnumber infolabel to the wiki.

i'd already taken care of that. ;-)
Thanks ronie - greatly appreciated Smile

now if Jezz_X or you could fix it in DialogSongInfo.xml for Confluence.... :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disc number in skin xml files0