[IPAD] Red speaker logo in corner
Hi guys.

Xbmc has been working great but this morning I think I may have clicked a button by accident. I now have a red speaker logo permanently in the top right corner of the screen. Does anyone know how to remove it?
mute ?
davilla Wrote:mute ?

That's what I assumed it meant but I had sound. I deleted all the preferences in ifile and put everything to defaults and it has disappeared.

One quick question though, why doesn't changing the volume slider in the sound settings actually work? No matter what decibels I set it to the sound stays the same. Could have sworn it used to work.
I am having this same problem. Just started today. Everything works ok but the logo is annoying. where is this "ifile" that i need to delete and how did the logo get there?
Screenshot please.

Little red speaker in the upper right corner. Sound is not muted.
I had that red speaker tonight. Not sure what I did to get it. I was testing a new BT keyboard. So I must have turned the volume all the way down or hit a hotkey to mute it.

To get rid of it, bring up the OSD when playing a movie, go to to the audio settings and turn up the volume. Your volume won't change since it's digital. The red speaker only appears when that volume is all the way down.
Thanks, I had the same problem and the fix worked
Okay, so I wrote the following before noticing this is an iPad discussion:

My Mom is having this problem. Its really frustrating, because each time she turns on the HTPC, she calls me and I have to walk over and fix this for her. Your method only works if the device being passed the audio isn't capable of processing it, and therefor relies on the PC/XBMC to do the leg-work. Her Receiver can handle Dolby, but not DTS, so I have to start a DTS movie and change the audio, back out, and then she's okay; however, I've noticed that the red speaker remains regardless of the audio setting.

Is there a setting somewhere that's ticked one way or the other that I can change? I have enough to deal with without my (wonderful!) mom calling me every night she gets off work when she wants to watch something. I'm having PC problems of my own that are huge headache (AMD Vision Control Center is making me want to punch a baby), so some help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance, and to all those contributing to this awesome program, THANKS Smile

---I hope my problem is still relevant to this discussion. I'm going hunting for another thread now, but I'll start another one if an admin deems the two scenarios unrelated. To me they're pretty much the same..

UPDATE: I downloaded and installed the Eden RC2+HD Audio package, and that seems to have fixed my issue.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139354
I Tried pressing + key and so on. Then I started to pressing all keys F10 worked for me.
I have SPdif pass through enabled to change my receiver audio output depends on source. Stereo, Dolby, DTS and so on.

All the volume controls are greyed so this is the case i cannot adjust volume at all.
Using Optical SPDIF to Receiver. Only volume control which adjust the volume is obviously the AV receiver volume control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[IPAD] Red speaker logo in corner0