If tasker integration were to be added to xbmc remote for android, many cool things could get done.
- Connect to a desired host based on a condition (i.e. if connected to a predetermined ssid at home or work as suggested in this post.)
- Gesture based media control (pausing, fast forward, rewind, stop)
- Automatically open xbmc to a specified library (Music, Movies, TV) based on time of day or other condition.
- Automatically playing media using the Play on XBMC feature perhaps
- These are of course just hypothetical if xbmc remote were to either integrate with/create a plugin for Tasker. The developer of Tasker has provided several ways integration can be done it doesn't have to be a plugin. Tasker can also use intent broadcasts, locale plugins, and Android Scripting Environment scripts. Give this a look. Thanks.