Neon Features and Screen Shots
I installed the Neon(SVN) and it all seems to work now.
Really nice work. I like this a lot.
Great looking skin! I will download this next time I start up XBMC and give it a go!
Created an account just to tell you how much I like your skin. Great job on it.

I know it is early on. Will there be more options to tweak the skin as it matures? I come from using Aeon MQ2 and like that I could modify it a lot. I did find it was a bit too much though. To me Neon is the perfect balance.
Monro3 Wrote:Created an account just to tell you how much I like your skin. Great job on it.

I know it is early on. Will there be more options to tweak the skin as it matures? I come from using Aeon MQ2 and like that I could modify it a lot. I did find it was a bit too much though. To me Neon is the perfect balance.

Thanks for the kind comments.

There will not be too much more than there is now except where there are blatant omissions. That's where Aeon has gotten so bloated down with four million options throughout the skin. Not only does it slow things down, but it makes it harder to maintain and even more confusing for new users.

Then again, if I come across a cool new feature, I'm not adverse to adding it in, just like the TV Guide igotdvds came up with. Smile
-stoli-
This skin just blew me away! It's been years since I've come across a new skin that I liked the second I installed it. Great job on it and can't wait until you get around to adding some views for the advanced launcher plugin!
Thumbs Up 
stoli Wrote:Sure, Settings > Skin > Background.

Edit: If you mean where you can just select "Fanart" and not a folder containing all of the artwork, it a later release it will be there.

Hey, I just wanted to echo that I'm loving this skin. I was previously using Shade and Simplicity (both great skins) and have tested pretty much every skin currently available, but I think I may be switching to your Neon skin now.

Everything is really well done, and overall I'm very happy with it. I'm looking forward to having a feature as described above though!

Take care and thanks again!
what do i have to do to get the tvguide on homescreen to work, feel silly but tried everything

also i love the screen, however i feel its missing that one good movie view, cant seemt to find one i like.
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
henrikyo Wrote:what do i have to do to get the tvguide on homescreen to work, feel silly but tried everything

also i love the screen, however i feel its missing that one good movie view, cant seemt to find one i like.

Make sure you go into Videos > Addons > Next Aired and run it once first. It has to build the database. After the initial run, it should update automatically.

Thanks,
-stoli-
Hi Stoli,

First and foremost, I love your skin and appreciate the hard work and hours you put into a preoject like this.

That said I tend to go back and forth between Neon and Aeon MQ2 because one critial view for me is a bit off, the Movie wall view. The slanted wall looks very cool, but for visual people like me it is hard to take in all the movies presented one screen at a time. The top or bottomrow is just out of view and with the slant and how the view dims at the endges I can't absorb all the movies on one screen without moving around.

I have a very large collecion of movies and wall view is the only real way to browse the full collection. Neon would be 100% perfect for me if you added an option for tradtional wall view.

BTW I LOVE the tv wall logo view!!

Again thanks for the great skin!!
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core2 Quad 2.33 ghz, 4 gig ram, 15TB unRaid Server
PilGrim Wrote:Hi Stoli,

The top or bottom row is just out of view and with the slant and how the view dims at the endges I can't absorb all the movies on one screen without moving around.

Although I prefer the traditional wall view, think the slant view would work if it was onlyl 3 rows, for me the 4th row is off the screen and can't be seen. So instead just moving right, I have to move down, then right, then up, then right.

Is the 4th row off the screen just an issue with my setup?
Wall view is my least favorite, so it's definitely due for an overhaul... I was just checking out Aeon Nox and like the simplicity of his wall implementation so that may be the way I go.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Wall view is my least favorite, so it's definitely due for an overhaul... I was just checking out Aeon Nox and like the simplicity of his wall implementation so that may be the way I go.

Hi Stoli, that would be GREAT! A feature where you pause on an individual movie and get a pop up with plot / rating details would also be helpful. I don't know how you would do it but finding a simple way launch a trailer would also be very nice. but I know that all of that is getting complex and just having a simple movie wall view where you can see all on the screen easily would be more than enough.

many thanks.

Cheers,
PilGrim Wrote:Hi Stoli, that would be GREAT! A feature where you pause on an individual movie and get a pop up with plot / rating details would also be helpful. I don't know how you would do it but finding a simple way launch a trailer would also be very nice. but I know that all of that is getting complex and just having a simple movie wall view where you can see all on the screen easily would be more than enough.

many thanks.

Cheers,

Still have to add in (maybe) a plot slide/popup, but here's the start to a new wall view. Also have to adapt to Music as well.

-stoli-
That new wall view looks awesome!!...Great job!! May I suggest that if you do decide to put in a plot slide/popup that you have an option to shut it off? When you're looking at the wall view, the popup info usually blocks some of the movies on the screen before you can see them all. Also it would be great if there was an option to scroll vertical or horizontal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon Features and Screen Shots0