[ALL] Pictures / Pic Thumbs selection delay?
Hi there.
Using xbmc 10.1 on Win7_x64 - Confluence Skin.

When watching pictures in "Pic Thumbs" mode, thumbnails are on the left column, and current selection is shown on the right column. Works great...

? Is there or why is there a ~4sec delay of showing the current selection on the right column? If there is programatic delay, can it be removed, so that the picture is shown at instant?

Smile
My guess is it's showing the full image on the right hand panel. This could be sped up by showing the thumb as well as the full image on top (i.e. you'd get the thumb "immediately") and get the full image as soon as it's loaded off disk.

4 seconds sounds quite long either way - I presume these are over a network (smb?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:My guess is it's showing the full image on the right hand panel. This could be sped up by showing the thumb as well as the full image on top (i.e. you'd get the thumb "immediately") and get the full image as soon as it's loaded off disk.

4 seconds sounds quite long either way - I presume these are over a network (smb?)

Yes, images comes from 1Gb/sec Samba share NAS. I just wanted to raise the question was there a intentional delay coded .. Smile
As always, the debug log will show you what is going on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALL] Pictures / Pic Thumbs selection delay?0