XBMC on iPad2?
Anyone tried it yet? Is the A5 fast enough to software decode HD Xvid's?
The hd videos I've tried on the vlc app don't work too well, so I guess it might still have some trouble :/
I think Techcrunch or some site like that show a comparison with iPad 1 that showed the iPad2 could play 720p flawless in VLC while the iPad1 was struggling. Can't find the article.
Masterbrew Wrote:I think Techcrunch or some site like that show a comparison with iPad 1 that showed the iPad2 could play 720p flawless in VLC while the iPad1 was struggling. Can't find the article.

I'd love to see that. What I have I haven't exactly optimised for anything in particular, but they stutter and fail when in vlc on the iPad 2, despite being fine on the atv2/xbmc.
vlc likely uses cpu decode. we tap the hw decode.
spiff Wrote:vlc likely uses cpu decode. we tap the hw decode.

Even for Xvid's?
http://www.slashgear.com/ipad-2-review-09139014/

Here's the video I mentioned in the OP. Ctrl-f "iPad vs iPad 2 media playback" to get to the video.
afaik the hw decoder only does h264.
the jailbreak is availlable. I've got XBMC running on my iPad2 now Smile
I've tried some 1080p playback on my iPad 2 and so far it seems to be flawless, if you excuse the occasional buffering required, but that can be easily overcome by transferring the video to the device itself then playing.

I wonder if it's possible to have full 1080p output with the AV adapter, that would be really useful.
output via hdmi adapter is limited to the known window.. perhaps there is a cyida tweak.

dd
I tried playing a 720p xvid and it worked well, but I couldn't find any 1080p clips available.

digitaldesaster Wrote:output via hdmi adapter is limited to the known window.. perhaps there is a cyida tweak.

dd

Some apps like Real Racing 2 HD seem to output in full 1080p :S
Ozzapoo Wrote:I tried playing a 720p xvid and it worked well, but I couldn't find any 1080p clips available.

Some apps like Real Racing 2 HD seem to output in full 1080p :S

yes i know, but i think we talk about a way to bring apps (like xbmc) which not support 1080p to full screen anyway.

i tried display out and tvout2 but both are not working very stable..

dd
Hi all,

I've installed xbmc on my ipad 2 today *yeah*

It doesn't look like it's supposed to, however.
My Videos Weather, Libraray etc. are spread accross the screen horizontally.
I can't scroll from left to right or anything. Therefore I cannot access anything othet than "Videos" which is in the middle of the screen.
How do I get the classic look (svreenshot to the right, control panel to the left)?

Can ayone help?

Thanks
I installed XBMC on my iPad2 today. It works great, but I used it to access the mysql database, and now my main install (XBMC Live) can't access my video db. My log says:

Can't open the database xbmc_video as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting!

From some research, I've found that this occurs when an older version of XBMC modifies the db, which I'm assuming happened when I accessed it via the iPad? Is there any solution to this, or do I have to re-import my library and use Upnp to stream to the iPad?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iPad2?0