Replace PSU AppleTV gen 1 or faulty donation?
I fried my PSU last night! Cannot for the life of me find a replacement, anyone help? I'm in the UK.

Otherwise if anyone has a faulty ATV (gen 1) which powers up I would be interested...

cheers
Paul
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
Well, maybe I fried the whole thing... I put together a solution using a correctly rated external PSU and it still doesn't power up. That's about the limit of my skillz so I'm now on the look out for a donor aTV with faulty / without hard disk!
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
I had to replace the power supply in a 1st gen ATV for someone a little while ago, managed to find one on ebay for about $40 shipped.

But if your system was damaged when the power supply died, then you'll probably have to replace the system board as well. If that's the case then you're probably better off buying a whole new system or, as you have mentioned, buying one with a defective hard drive or damaged case and just doing some swaps.

Have you considered trading up to the new ATV2? They are pretty cheap and assuming you keep your media on an external drive/NAS/server you'll be up and running in no time.
wicky Wrote:I had to replace the power supply in a 1st gen ATV for someone a little while ago, managed to find one on ebay for about $40 shipped.

But if your system was damaged when the power supply died, then you'll probably have to replace the system board as well. If that's the case then you're probably better off buying a whole new system or, as you have mentioned, buying one with a defective hard drive or damaged case and just doing some swaps.

Have you considered trading up to the new ATV2? They are pretty cheap and assuming you keep your media on an external drive/NAS/server you'll be up and running in no time.

Thanks Wicky. Yes to be honest I've been looking for an excuse to do so but (if I read right) the inability to play a DVD straight from disc is a deal breaker.

So I'm on the lookout for a (UK based) faulty aTV.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replace PSU AppleTV gen 1 or faulty donation?0