how to get with ssh command xbmc on atv2?
Hi,

I just checked the instruction on wiki xbmc and they said to do the following command after I finished to unlock atv2 4.2.1ios:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

But where to type that command?

Is it when I log in with Lan cat5 cable or with wi-fi or with micro usb cable or what?

Please advise,

Thank youSmile
You can use a program like putty to connect via ssh to your apple tv, if the device has been jail broken ok you can login with admin pass: alpine and then follow these instructions.
teedd Wrote:You can use a program like putty to connect via ssh to your apple tv, if the device has been jail broken ok you can login with admin pass: alpine and then follow these instructions.

Hi TeeDD,

Thank you for your help and fast reply.

Is it possible to tell me if I connect with CAT5 cable from the Ethernet Port of ATV2 please?

Also I can ping 192.168.2.100 but cannot log in with ssh on Putty when I use cat5 cable.

Please advise.
connecting via Ethernet (cat5) should be fine. I guess your going through a router of sorts first?

Has the appple tv been jail broken OK? If you can't get in on ssh this would suggest it hasn't taken the jailbroken firmware. Which jailbreak method did you use?
make sure the atv2 it's jailbroken... fine out what it's the ip of your atv2 by going in to the settings and network, get putty.. type the ip of the atv2 it's going to ask you for user name= root password =alpine ... hope that helps..
gatito Wrote:make sure the atv2 it's jailbroken... fine out what it's the ip of your atv2 by going in to the settings and network, get putty.. type the ip of the atv2 it's going to ask you for user name= root password =alpine ... hope that helps..

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I use SeasOnPass.

But its strange. He installed everything and everything was exactly like in the instruction and I saw a aptv box at the end with a ok to let me know it was done.

But I check the version its the same one than beofre in about.

Now I try to reinstall again from micro USB cable and it is nor working.

He try to detect the appleTV but he stay stock in SeasOnPass message.

Please advise,

Thank you
dimnet2000 Wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I use SeasOnPass.

But its strange. He installed everything and everything was exactly like in the instruction and I saw a aptv box at the end with a ok to let me know it was done.

But I check the version its the same one than beofre in about.

Now I try to reinstall again from micro USB cable and it is nor working.

He try to detect the appleTV but he stay stock in SeasOnPass message.

Please advise,

Thank you
change the usb....and are you sure the you didn't update your atv2?
gatito Wrote:change the usb....and are you sure the you didn't update your atv2?

On the SeasOnPass folder he said restore 4.3. something and when I check about in Apple TV 2, he say IOS 4.2.1

Very strange.

I will try a new USB Cable.
iOS 4.3.1 = ATV 4.2.1

The ATV version number is always 0.(-1).0 Don't ask me why.
zoster Wrote:iOS 4.3.1 = ATV 4.2.1

The ATV version number is always 0.(-1).0 Don't ask me why.

Oh I see Zoster. Thank you.

So I bought a new USB CAble. And downloaded again the update and then installed and then thetered with SeasOnPass and it said that it was completed. Which mean JB.

Can you tell me why after all that the Putty still denied access to the atv2?

Here is the configuraiton:
CAT5 ethernet cable connected from laptop to atv2 with ip 192.168.2.100 and gateway 192.168.2.1 and dns 192.168.2.1

I also connected the power cable. But disconnected the micro usb cable.

I connect into ssh with port 22 and I they don't ask me for user name or password in putter.

When I log it they said cannot connect.

Please advise,

Smile
dimnet2000 Wrote:Oh I see Zoster. Thank you.

So I bought a new USB CAble. And downloaded again the update and then installed and then thetered with SeasOnPass and it said that it was completed. Which mean JB.

Can you tell me why after all that the Putty still denied access to the atv2?

Here is the configuraiton:
CAT5 ethernet cable connected from laptop to atv2 with ip 192.168.2.100 and gateway 192.168.2.1 and dns 192.168.2.1

I also connected the power cable. But disconnected the micro usb cable.

I connect into ssh with port 22 and I they don't ask me for user name or password in putter.

When I log it they said cannot connect.

Please advise,

Smile

Not sure but if you are getting this type of error then check following link. I had a same issue but I am using macbook. OR you can download / use cyberduck. It requires you to delet some key to ssh,

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4084
Is it possible that the SeasONPASS cannot JB IOS 4.3?
Somebody can help me to fix my problem please?

You contact me in private and give me his email address please.
When I want to access my apple tv in ssh with putty.

What I need to connect to my Apple TV?

Ethernet cable or WI-FI?
Micro USB?
Power Cable?
Connect Ethernet cable to a router or direct to the laptop?
When I try to connect with Putty, Here is the message error I got:

Network refused, connection error

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to get with ssh command xbmc on atv2?0