• 34(current)
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux)
pumkinut Wrote:Anyone else tried an HD MPEG2 TS file? I went to play a downloaded 720p TS recording of Coachella, and it was dropping frames like crazy. It plays fine on my PC, and the audio was fine. When I brought up the codec screen, the Crystal HD card looked to be in use, but just unable to keep up.

Seems that MPEG-2 support from Crystal HD is not complete, and apparently there is little motivation to fix it as everything can be re-encoded to H.264 right !

If you device has enough horse power (not an Apple TV) you can probably configure it not to use the CrystalHD for MPEG-2 and have it software decoded...if you like me have an ATV 1.1 you are likely hosed.

When you downloaded, was it from a TiVO per chance ?
Not sure what the source was originally. It's a recording of Mumford & Sons Coachella performance I grabbed online.

I noticed while playing it on my main PC (i5 2500K with nVidia 460) that even MPC-HC and VLC are dropping frames. Not nearly as badly as the ATV, but still dropping. I'm guessing it's more a really bad encode than anything else.
Quick question - I will need to manually copy something on the ATV after installing Crystalbuntu on harddisk. WinSCP doesn't allow me to given permission errors. I can delete and move with putty, but don't know how to copy from my harddisk to the ATV. Anyone can whether there is a part of the harddisk with permissions or other way to do so?

Thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Quick question - I will need to manually copy something on the ATV after installing Crystalbuntu on harddisk. WinSCP doesn't allow me to given permission errors. I can delete and move with putty, but don't know how to copy from my harddisk to the ATV. Anyone can whether there is a part of the harddisk with permissions or other way to do so?

Anyone with any idea? I am quite sure there must be a very easy fix to my question?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Anyone with any idea? I am quite sure there must be a very easy fix to my question?

google
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Any suggestions on getting my atv1 running with HD on this TV.

I changed the res to 720p as I know this TV just does 1080i, so figured 720p would be good, but have spent last 24 hours trying and reading various forums to try and reset video in SSH...but nothing working when I try and change the setting in "guisettings" .

I got a cottage full of friends waiting for me to get the entertainment running....Shocked .

Any advice appreciated.

g
to change the resolution (and output type i.e. hdmi, component, composite) you need to edit the mode lines in xorg.conf. Try this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54685
thnmnt Wrote:to change the resolution (and output type i.e. hdmi, component, composite) you need to edit the mode lines in xorg.conf. Try this post:

[LINUX] HOW-TO setup XBMC and Linux with correct resolution (xorg.conf)

I looked at this post and can't get much of it to run on the Crystalbuntu distribution, even just setting up the Options in the xorg.conf and rebooting and looking in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log, but never get the supported modes listed out.

The guide does say:
Quote:IMPORTANT!
This guide asumes you are running a xbmc-live 9.04 which
also means Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 with Nvidia restricted drivers 185.18.14

Were Running Nvidia Drivers 100.14.19, so we are well behind the curve and possibly supported Options capabilities ? Just to get Audio over HDMI (needed for TrueHD)!

I generally know that the screen supports 1920x1080_60_0, 1920x1080_24 & 1920x1080_30 mode lines, but all I get when I try is:

Code:
(WW) NVIDIA(0): No valid modes for "1920x1080_60_0"; removing.
(WW) NVIDIA(0): No valid modes for "1920x1080_24"; removing.
(WW) NVIDIA(0): No valid modes for "1920x1080_30"; removing.
(WW) NVIDIA(0):
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Unable to validate any modes; falling back to the default mode
(WW) NVIDIA(0):     "nvidia-auto-select".

and it drops my resolution to 800x600 !

I have a post at the end of that thread, but no responses yet...
I logged in with atv/atv but I do not have permissions to build the spotify build that can be found here
http://stmlabs.com/forum/topic/recompile-for-spotyxbmc2

Any help for a new guy?
I'm guessing you're going to need to sudo at least some of those commands, as they need root permissions to complete, mount comes to mind as one of them along with commands like chroot.
I did try to sudo as su but still no luck.
What errors are you receiving, and on what steps?
iamjoe Wrote:I did try to sudo as su but still no luck.

su is not sudo. do not change to user root with su Smile
I logged into atv with atv/atv

I tried to run sudo -s wget http://download.stmlabs.com/atv-images/buildbox.tar.gz

and I got

[sudo] password for atv:
/usr/bin/wget: /usr/bin/wget: cannot execute binary file
iamjoe Wrote:I logged into atv with atv/atv

I tried to run sudo -s wget http://download.stmlabs.com/atv-images/buildbox.tar.gz

and I got

[sudo] password for atv:
/usr/bin/wget: /usr/bin/wget: cannot execute binary file
Annnnd you used sudo there....why? You can execute wget with user permissions. You need to read more on permissions and how to use Linux as an OS before you proceed.

When I tried the wget command as user atv, it started downloading just fine....as expected. There are some commands, as I pointed out earlier that need elevated privileges, but not all of them. You need to read up and actually understand what it is you want to do. The way you're trying to progress right now will, more than likely, end up with you breaking your setup.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux)1