Zbox HD-ND22 - My experience with my first HTPC
Hi,

I have also bought the Zontac Zbox-HD ND22 with one 4GB stick and a fast SDHC card.

I do however have alot of problems with this setup.

First I tried openElec for a couple of week but I keept running in to problems like :

1.0.2 (Final 1.0)
  • Out off autiosync
    - When enabling "Adjust display refreshrate to match video"
  • Miner lag in playback
    - When not enabling "Adjust display refreshrate to match video"
  • Periodic slowdowns in playback no mather size of video
    - Often about 3-4 times per video (1 hour)
  • Random frezzes
    - Apparently XBMC do not show when it is working so If I just wait a couple of minuts the unit will for the most part unfreez.
  • When freezing I have to pull the powercord and this results often in all settings reverting back to default(even skin settings)

I have also tried Edet build but there is some problems with the network, it often needs to buffer efen if the video is vary small, a restart of openElec will solve it always. Probably i bug in Edet.

Then I tried XBMC Live, This did not flow as fast as openElec but it feelt more stable. It did however not play ISO files and the Remote(harmony one) did not work out of the box like on openElec.

Im have now put a 250 GB Hitachi disk in the Zotac and installed Windows(+ GPU drivers) and XBMC Edet Beta2, this is the problems I have runned into :

1. Laggy interface in XBMC (Run Aeon NOX)
    - By forcing graphic drivers to put out 24hz instead of 59 it went alot smother
  2. Extremly laggy in thumbnail wall with small thumbs, it is running on 5-10 fps according to the debugger!?
    - This worked fine in openElec
  3. Laggy plaback of HD
    - The 24hz setting solved this. The "Adjust display refreshrate to match video" is not possible to use with this version, the movies laggs alot!

When using openElec it feels like openElec/XBMC is vary unstable, when using Windows 7 with XBMC it feels like XBMC really puts the Zotac unit to the ege, it does barely handle it.

So the question is, what Im I doing wrong? Or could my hardware be bad?
It works great on Windows7x64. I have a Zotac ID41 with NVidia Ion GPU and Dual Core Atom CPU, 8GB RAM with enabled GPU decoding + 64 GB SSD, it works great on Windows with HD1080p content...
xbmcg Wrote:It works great on Windows7x64. I have a Zotac ID41 with NVidia Ion GPU and Dual Core Atom CPU, 8GB RAM with enabled GPU decoding + 64 GB SSD, it works great on Windows with HD1080p content...

Okay, pleas try this.

On your movie collection choose to see it as wall and set the setting on this to small wall.

Then enable debug and see how much fps you get in this menu. The main menu will run in almost 60fps but the wall will be about 10 fps.
xbmcg Wrote:It works great on Windows7x64. I have a Zotac ID41 with NVidia Ion GPU and Dual Core Atom CPU, 8GB RAM with enabled GPU decoding + 64 GB SSD, it works great on Windows with HD1080p content...

How exacly do you enable GPU decoding? I do probably have this enabled already but to be on the safe side.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zbox HD-ND22 - My experience with my first HTPC0