Zbox HD-ND22 - My experience with my first HTPC
sweet setup! looking forward to the videos, may I ask what kind of input are you watching? cable, satellite?Smile
Can you post the windows experience index?

Another user posted the WEI for a zacate solution. This gives everyone a decent idea on performance between the two platforms.
nice update - just bought the very same machine (but with mech drive pah!) but would be interested to see how tv via ps tuner turns out - seems to be a few knocking about on ebay!
xecutionx Wrote:Can you post the windows experience index?

Another user posted the WEI for a zacate solution. This gives everyone a decent idea on performance between the two platforms.

WEI is not really a good indicator how about searching on geekbench/cpubench etc

Zacate : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.p...=AMD+E-350

ND22/Celeron : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.p...40+1.20GHz
Hmmm seem to have not see the Live TV stuff.. Huh any links for that? whats your back end or are you using a USB TV Stick with BDA drivers?
andyparksy Wrote:toineb, like the other guys were saying with the SSD instaled you really should check out MQ 2, especially if you liked those plug ins....

Have just this minute loaded it up onto my new ND22, (with SSD) and as long as I have not got too many views enabled it was flowing through it with no delay at all and was looking amazing!

Oh, and not sure if you have done it yet, but the only thing it might be worth doing before you install Win7 is to possibly change your mobo setting to AHCI in the BIOS - Am no expert but apparently worth doing for the SSD and is a pain to do after install...

Thanks Andy, it was late last night so I didn't get the time to look into MQ 2.. I will do that over the next few days.

I am testing a few different things at the moment in terms of plugins and settings etc, once I have what I need I will do a fresh install of everything and will look into ACHI too.
tvwatcher Wrote:sweet setup! looking forward to the videos, may I ask what kind of input are you watching? cable, satellite?Smile

The Live TV picture is from the PS3 Play TV Dual Tuner, with an aerial in my loft. Picks up all avaliable digital terrestial channels without a problem
xecutionx Wrote:Can you post the windows experience index?

I will once I have finished testing, I want to slighly overclock.. I know not the best idea given the small case but I will see how it works out.
kenam Wrote:nice update - just bought the very same machine (but with mech drive pah!) but would be interested to see how tv via ps tuner turns out - seems to be a few knocking about on ebay!

I got one for my PS3 awhile ago and did a quick search for the drivers on Google and works perfectly. However, in time I want a tuner than can also receive HD channels. So far I have only seen the one.
Geeba Wrote:Hmmm seem to have not see the Live TV stuff.. Huh any links for that? whats your back end or are you using a USB TV Stick with BDA drivers?

Here you go,

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

I am using mediaportal and a tuner from my Playstation 3
eskro Wrote:MQ2 runs best on an SSD!

Hello Eskro, is it compatible with live tv at the moment ?

Ideally, in time want to try and use a HTPC as an all in one replacement
Subliminal Aura Wrote:WEI is not really a good indicator how about searching on geekbench/cpubench etc

Zacate : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.p...=AMD+E-350

ND22/Celeron : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.p...40+1.20GHz

WEI gives an overall score on the system whereas the links you have provided are only the CPU scores. If you look at the video benchmarks the HD6310 comes out on top of the ION. So I wonder what the overall WEI is for the ND22?

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
DavidT99 Wrote:WEI gives an overall score on the system whereas the links you have provided are only the CPU scores. If you look at the video benchmarks the HD6310 comes out on top of the ION. So I wonder what the overall WEI is for the ND22?

David

Yeah you're right but all I'm trying to highlight is that WEI is generally a very poor way to make comparisons.

Think it's high time we had a htpc benchmarking tool
Subliminal Aura Wrote:.......Think it's high time we had a htpc benchmarking tool

I second that, it would be very useful when looking at system bottlenecks and upgrade options.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Can anyone suggest a good program for video screen capture. Tried a couple of free ones such as camstudio but the colours and performance leave a lot to be desired.

I thought I would post some more pictures of firstly the PVR working and secondly of my media library. Sorry in advance to the veterans.. I know you have seen this all before, it is more for the benefit of new people, especially those that are like I was, viewing the forum as a guest and just toying with the idea of getting a HTPC.

Ok First PVR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zbox HD-ND22 - My experience with my first HTPC0