Video buffers while streaming over lan
I have the latest XBMC on a windows 7 computer and when I play files that are shared on my other win7 box the video buffers every few minutes or less. I know it isn't my network speed since I copied a file at 11MB/s. I've never had this problem before on a similar pc while streaming before.

Are there any options related to buffering that can be changed or anything that might be at fault?

Update:
It seems the built in nic sucks and switching to a pci nic from another computer fixed all the buffering issues. So it seems to be a hardware issue or driver issue.
can you please post a complete debug log via a site like pastebin.com please? When was the last time you checked your video card drivers, NIC drivers and router frimware?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I just setup my htpc so the nvidia drivers are the latest and so is the nic driver. The computer is quite old though, but it can still handle 720 playback. My router is a D-Link DIR-615-E1 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/18/10) std which seems to the latest for my router.

I take it you mean xbmc logs, so I'll go play something and get some logs and edit a link into this post soon.

update:
Here is the log file. I went and turned on debugging in the options also.
http://pastebin.com/vLTXLtvN
from what i have seen from your log and the reading I have done the problem may be due to audio settings while the problem appears to be with the video. Hopefully this helps get you squared away.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=757591&postcount=2

Also I know i should have asked for this earlier could you please post the crashlog?

Windows

For XBMC v9.11 (Camelot) Alpha1 and earlier, the file will be in your XBMC installation directory. It will be named "xbmc.r[REVISION].dmp" For XBMC v9.11 (Camelot) Beta1 and later, the file will be in the same location as the debug log and named "xbmc_crashlog-[DATE]-[TIME].dmp".

Pulled above from the wiki regarding the location of the crashlog.

also from what I can tell it seems you are running a nightly build of xbmc is that correct?

Did a quick check of the open tickets on the tracker and the things that stick out to me in your log both have tickets.
I have a small request, could you send me a private message with your rough system specs? I would like to attempt to re-create your problem on a virtual system and see if I can nail down the cause. Your issue comes with 720 *.mkv files only right? Hopefully we can get this worked out.
H
thought of another thing. I had issues with buffering over my wireless network when I had to reset to factory defaults (forgot the username and password) Double check the channel width and make sure its set to something like "auto 200mhz or 400mhz. Also you might want to try and power cycle your modem and router kill the power for 10-15 seconds each.
I'm on a lan now not wireless. I can't get my wireless working which has nothing to do with XBMC though. I'm on XBMC 10.1, when I said latest I meant latest normal release.

I tried changing the audio option in xbmc but that had no affect and I'm outputting audio through a 3.5 to composite audio to my tv.

Also there is no crash log file where the other log file is.
you might want to take a look at this, I will try and get that machine up tomorrow for testing.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929707
I only have a 100mbit nic and router but I went and set the 100mbit option in the nic options. The other option wasn't listed so I'm guessing that might be gigabit only.

Also even mp3 audio stutters and doesn't play well.

Update:
It seems the built in nic sucks and switching to a pci nic from another computer fixed all the buffering issues. So it seems to be a hardware issue or driver issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video buffers while streaming over lan0