Infolabels and infoimages
that is up to jmarshall, right now there are only those available.
you can use them for infofadelabels too.
Smile
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
yeah, i'm planning on adding the rest. got to reorganise the code like i did with the music overlay (all this stuff is currently hardcoded in the videooverlay atm)

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sorry guys for sounding like a nob but i got a question. is there a thread or a something that can show me where to add the infolabels and infoimages into the corrosponding files? like i saw a screenshot of a visulsation that had a pic of the cd and like the name of the song, the cd, the year ...ect. i want to be able to do that but i don't know what xml files to edit? if someone can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

"being drunk is a good disguise. i drink so i can talk to assholes. this includes me."
musicvisualisation.xml

see the online manual for info on skinning. please edit it and add any extra info that it doesn't provide if you feel the info isn't quite good enough.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanks for the info jm i appreciate it. i prolly should have checked there first. lol. thanks again and continue your great work on xbmc.

"being drunk is a good disguise. i drink so i can talk to assholes. this includes me."
are you planning on adding all the system info information to infolabels?

i would like free memory, mac , network type and link, but maybe all information could be if possible.

also for infofadelabel, what do think about a rss type option that would stream one <info> after another without fading in?

and lastly do you think formatting network.ipaddress with "ip: " would be more inline with cpu and drive space labels?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
yeah, will likely be adding that stuff at some stage. probably not until after easter i'd say (unless someone else does it).

will add the ip: thing now.

i'd like infolabels for the weather forecast for the next day.
For me I relly hope we can show timers!

EDIT: I just saw the date!! sorry for reviving the dead! ^_^
how about a "album.tracklist" label? would make it possible to show the tracklist on album level, so you don't have to look inside the albums to see which songs are on.

there was a nice try to attempt this in welo skin, but this would make it much more easier i guess.

also this could make it possible to create coustom dialogs to show album info instead of going a level deeper into song level.
This will be redundant when we can pull any info any where in the XBMC.
how about some statistic labels?
eg.:
Statistic.PlaycountAlbum
Statistic.PlaycountSong
Statistic.AlbumTop100 (place in the top 100 Albums)
Statistic.SongTop100 (place in the Top 100 Songs)
Statistic.TimeAlbum (the overall time of tracks played of this album counted together)
Statistic.TimeArtistPlayed (the overall time of tracks played by this artist)
Statistic.TracksArtist (number of tracks by this artist in the db)
Statistic.TracksArtistTime (duration of all tracks by this artist)
Statistic.TimeGenrePlayed (time of played tracks of this genre counted together)
Statistic.TimeGenre (duration of all tracks of this genre)

or how about an infolist with only loved tracks, only 5star songs ... (could be done by now by smartplaylists i guess, but would make it easier)

and could you guys make it possible to group albums by album artist on the album level?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Infolabels and infoimages0