• 12(current)
[RELEASE] VODie - Video On Demand Ireland - RTE, TV3 and TG4
I'm in the uk and aertv.ie is working through the plugin. When will login details work since I got a trial of the standard package
bladeds Wrote:I'm in the uk and aertv.ie is working through the plugin. When will login details work since I got a trial of the standard package

Is aertv not completely free so? I've only just tried it for the first time through vodie and it's working well.

NB I'm using openelec eden beta 3 and vodie seems to be working fairly stable (so far). Older versions of vodie on my old dharma openelec setup get freezing xbmc at the start or end of streams.

The aertv streams are very handy, but there is a little jerkiness for the first few seconds of loading a stream (audio is fine, video skips frames for about 3 seconds). Obviously no big deal as it otherwise works. Might just be down to the weak processor on my revo.

The more of these apps we get, the more worried our sky box should be getting ;-) Thanks a mill
Hi all,

am getting 'dependencies not met' when trying to install VODie. Am on eden beta 3 on apple tv 2. any ideas?

Cheers

:cool2:

EDIT: was a problem with my install of xbmc. i re-jailbroke it and installed first time and is working well now
Yes they have the free channels that come up in the plugin. But they also hv a package of extra channels. Which I got a trial of has comedy central and comedy central extra. Just go to aertv.ie

jdbrookes Wrote:Is aertv not completely free so? I've only just tried it for the first time through vodie and it's working well.

NB I'm using openelec eden beta 3 and vodie seems to be working fairly stable (so far). Older versions of vodie on my old dharma openelec setup get freezing xbmc at the start or end of streams.

The aertv streams are very handy, but there is a little jerkiness for the first few seconds of loading a stream (audio is fine, video skips frames for about 3 seconds). Obviously no big deal as it otherwise works. Might just be down to the weak processor on my revo.

The more of these apps we get, the more worried our sky box should be getting ;-) Thanks a mill
bladeds Wrote:Yes they have the free channels that come up in the plugin. But they also hv a package of extra channels. Which I got a trial of has comedy central and comedy central extra. Just go to aertv.ie

Ah, OK.

I took out the login stuff when re-writing the AerTV plugin since it was not obvious to me what purpose it served.

If it's actually, you know, useful for something, well then maybe I'll add it back in ..

@bladeds: if I make a test version which pays attention to the login credentials, will you test it out for me before general release?
Sure just pm me when you need me
aertv working fine for me in England as well, and on the XBOX. Should please the grandparents if it holds out for a good while. Many thanks Liam.
bladeds Wrote:I'm in the uk and aertv.ie is working through the plugin. When will login details work since I got a trial of the standard package

Hi bladeds,

OK I looked into this some more.

I don't see any way to do this legitimately.

The video IDs required to play the extra subscription channels are transmitted encrypted in some way, not clear how this is done, and I don't see any valid way to extract these from the data stream, even though it is quite possible to login correctly if you present the correct credentials, and fetching the list of channels is easy.

So this really is in the same camp as TG4 (although I don't really see why TG4 bother to do this): most/all of the interaction between the flash app running in the browser and the site is hidden and encrypted, so we can't fetch the videos for playback in XBMC.

At least I can't figure out how to do it Rolleyes
Kk thanks for trying
Thank you so much for this plugin!!!

I live in the 6 counties and cant watch RTE Player as BT wont give me a static IP and as such RTE thinks I'm in England.

Excellent job mate!
You could try asking tommo, his ustvnow plugin has paid and free channels

liamf Wrote:Hi bladeds,

OK I looked into this some more.

I don't see any way to do this legitimately.

The video IDs required to play the extra subscription channels are transmitted encrypted in some way, not clear how this is done, and I don't see any valid way to extract these from the data stream, even though it is quite possible to login correctly if you present the correct credentials, and fetching the list of channels is easy.

So this really is in the same camp as TG4 (although I don't really see why TG4 bother to do this): most/all of the interaction between the flash app running in the browser and the site is hidden and encrypted, so we can't fetch the videos for playback in XBMC.

At least I can't figure out how to do it Rolleyes
bladeds Wrote:You could try asking tommo, his ustvnow plugin has paid and free channels

I don't think that will help ... the server side technologies are completely different between ustvnow and aertv subscription sites.
Hi all,

1.1.3g release just made on github. This is a small update in response to a request for a user to look into some of the RTE sports events - RBS 6 Nations for example - which didn't playback on earlier versions. It's available either from the tags area, or as a pre-packaged .ZIP from https://github.com/liamf/VODieR/downloads

Principal fix is a fix for those RTE sports events which wouldn't playback before, and also somewhat better support for live playback from RTE (although that works from AerTV just as well).

I think we'll leave it a while before making another release, unless something outright breaks. Taking a new update per week is more work than most people need to bother about.

Cheers
Liam
I only came across a website called http://www.aertv.ie it has all the irish TV station online

It's class.

has a lot of stations - could it be added to this addon ?
It's been on the addon forever.

edit by ronie:
there's no need for insults!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] VODie - Video On Demand Ireland - RTE, TV3 and TG41