[Bug] Inconsistent Watched Indicators
Question 
Howdy,

So, I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but now that this skin has it's own sub-forum I wanted to break it out into it's own thread. To restate the problem, the watched indicators (the yellow check-mark flags on series/seasons/episodes and movies) do not always work for some reason.

I pulled yesterday from git, and did a fresh "install" of Simplicity (I'm on Linux Mint 10 x64 by the way). Though, even right after loading up XBMC after instaling the fresh version of Simplicity I still had no watched indicators.

However, with that said I have found a way to consistently get them to come back, so I'm hoping this helps lead to a fix for this. If the watched indicators are not showing up. I go into Settings > Appearance and re-select Simplicity as my skin. And, just like magic (no other changes), the watched icons are back!

I'm happy to do testing, or provide any logs or any other details, I'm just not sure what all is relevant for skins.

Thanks!
This should be fixed now.
To learn more, click here.
Sad 
Updated, but the problem seems to still be present. My watched indicators are currently gone on both movies and tv shows. They were active right after the update without changing anything. I just went to System and reselected Simplicity and the watched indicators are back again. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like this was resolved.

If logs or anything else would help just let me know.

Thanks again!
I see the same.
Ok. Outline exactly what is happening. You have the watched indicators turned on for movies, its on by default for TV, you change to Simplicity, now what....
Hi - I just wanted to agree with the above, all watched indicators go when you choose 'wizardxbmcmods-simplicity-xbmc-0e84cd6' from the Git server.

Prior to that I was using 'Simplicity SVN', where the watched indicators work - switching between them does not cause it to forget what has been watched, just no indicators on the Git one.

ATV2 - 10.2.1 - XBMC stable release not night-lies.

Great skin, thanks for all your time and effort.
The watched icons are lost on TV and Movies. This seems to be on the GIT version only. I have reverted to 1.0.8 for now and they seem to be back.

One way to get them to 'come back' on the GIT version is to go to Settings>Appearance>Skin and simply reselect Simplicity. (Not swap to a new skin, simple reselect simplicity) and then they are back. (Not sure what prompts them to go away though.)
t2ffn Wrote:The watched icons are lost on TV and Movies. This seems to be on the GIT version only. I have reverted to 1.0.8 for now and they seem to be back.

One way to get them to 'come back' on the GIT version is to go to Settings>Appearance>Skin and simply reselect Simplicity. (Not swap to a new skin, simple reselect simplicity) and then they are back. (Not sure what prompts them to go away though.)

So re-selecting the skin brings them back....too strange. At least that havent disappeared completely, I was getting worried.
Yes, but not sure for how long. I haven't worked out when / why they disappear. I'm back on 1.0.8 so won't be able to test for the min.

When will the next update hit the Add On repo?

Thanks
Yes reselecting skin works.
dukevim Wrote:Yes reselecting skin works.

Not a perm. fix though.
t2ffn Wrote:Not a perm. fix though.

As I dont see this issue on my side its hard to troubleshoot. If anyone finds a permanent solution I would be eternally grateful.
I'll run debug tonight and have a look as I want to go back to 1.0.9 but want to keep my watched markers.

Also, do movies get watched markers? I haven't seen any on 1.0.8, unless I've missed them. Are they ticks same as TV shows?
t2ffn Wrote:I'll run debug tonight and have a look as I want to go back to 1.0.9 but want to keep my watched markers.

Also, do movies get watched markers? I haven't seen any on 1.0.8, unless I've missed them. Are they ticks same as TV shows?

You have to turn them on in the skin settings (though if you're running an older version not sure when the setting first appeared).
Yep, turned on or off they dont show. Using 1.0.8

I've uninstalled and installed a couple times, no change.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Bug] Inconsistent Watched Indicators0