[RELEASE] SC2Casts.com plugin - Starcraft 2
Hello,

I bring happy news to all my fellow Starcraft 2 fans out there! I have created a plugin for the site sc2casts.com. So now we can watch great games of Starcraft 2 in our favourite media center!

This project is just started and i hope you guys can help me find out about any bugs or problems with the plugin. Also suggest new features that you want!

You can download the plugin from: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-plugin-sc2casts/

EDIT: sorry about some broken downloads, just updated the plugin and uploaded the wrong zip file Tongue shit happens, everything should work now!

/Kristoffer Petersson
Great addon! this was the only thing I was missing in my XBMC....thanks Smile
Thanks for this. Works great so far. Will come in handy to get a quick fix of SC2 on the big screen.
Hmm...everything is working fine for me beside the interuptions of PAUSE every 1min or so to buffer up the stream. This makes it pretty useless to watch Sad

I tried to watch the same stream on the same PC directly from sc2casts.com and it works fine there without any buffering other than in the start of course.

Anyone else to confirm this? is there a fix?
Killerzmurf Wrote:Hmm...everything is working fine for me beside the interuptions of PAUSE every 1min or so to buffer up the stream. This makes it pretty useless to watch Sad

I tried to watch the same stream on the same PC directly from sc2casts.com and it works fine there without any buffering other than in the start of course.

Anyone else to confirm this? is there a fix?

Most likely not the addons fault, more likely because of our buffering, many streaming sites give lots faster access in the beginning and cap it later which may cause problems for us. I think this pull req ought to help a bit

EDIT: Seems to work fine for me as well, very nice to see more esport addons Smile Will love this in the official repo Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
works fine over here...great job! I have comcast cable if that's relevant.
The streaming works really good for me.

But I have problems with listings for some categories showing up empty. As an example "recent" show up empty most of the times. Going back, in, back, in a few times sometimes works actually. Top/monthly works most of the times.

Anyone else with this problem. Any hints? Would debug log help?

EDIT: I use the version from the addon repo, from my Apple TV 2.

BR/Apan
Hi,

Noticed this to a few days ago, found out that I only needed to add "index.php" to the URLConfused in sc2casts.py. I submitted an update to the official repo a few minutes ago, so it should work again soon.

Thanks for noticing,
Kristoffer
Krill Wrote:I submitted an update to the official repo a few minutes ago, so it should work again soon.

Works perfectly now!

BR/Apan
Plugin was working fine earlier, but recently stopped working for me. Anybody else have this problem? I can post a debug log if helpful.
Yes also having an issue. When I click on an actual cast to watch it throws a scripting error.

Love this plugin by the way Smile Really miss it when it doesn't work. Makes my morning workouts enjoyable.
Okay glad I'm not the only one with this error. Hope it gets fixed soon. I think the casts are all hosted on Youtube, so subscribing to the Sc2casts channel might work in the meantime.

I like to throw this on the screen when my buddies and I have some time to kill. I particularly like the IdrA matches because his ragequits provide instant hilarity.
Hey Guys!

Right as we speak i'm moving into a new apartment so I have lot going on right now. But I'm gonna look into this as soon as possible, I promise you.

UPDATE: Gonna post an update to the official repo this weekend, if u want to u can just remove the "/" on line 156 in sc2casts.py
From: link = self.getRequest('http://sc2casts.com/'+get("url"))
To: link = self.getRequest('http://sc2casts.com'+get("url"))

/Krill
I made the change in Krill's post and its working perfectly again. Appreciate your taking the time to make the fix!

I am also playing around with a pre-11.0 Windows nightly on another machine. For some reason, the plugin works fine on the nightly build without any changes.
Krill Wrote:Hey Guys!

Right as we speak i'm moving into a new apartment so I have lot going on right now. But I'm gonna look into this as soon as possible, I promise you.

That was fast!

Great work on the plug-in, thanks so much Smile Best of luck in the new Apartment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SC2Casts.com plugin - Starcraft 20