Large Image Control Versus Image Control background="true"
What's the difference between using the Large Image Control versus the standard Image Control and setting background="true"

The only thing I've found in the wiki about Background Image Loading is a bit ambiguous.
Large Image control is redundant now so just stick to Image Control..
If you specify largeimage, then XBMC just automatically tags the <texture> argument with background="true".

i.e. there is no difference whatsoever.

largeimage WILL be gone for Eden, so don't use it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome. Thanks guys. I'll make sure not to use the largeimage control.
Hi,

Just to be sure, the previous answers are still right ? (with engine evolution ...)

Can someone tell me, if there is a "rule" to use this 2 parameters correctly ?
Example : if I have a full HD image source (like fanart), and i want to display it in a small box (100x200px) of my skin. Should I use "image" or "large-image / background=true" ?
you'll want to use an image control with background="true"
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thx Ronie,

Just to be clear : it's the source that matter ?

if I have a fanart source, I use the "background="true" (even in a small display box)

if I have a small source (like an icon), i use image control without background="true", even if I want to set this image as a background ? (there is no sense, i know, but just be sure i get you right)

When an image is big enough to use background="true" ?
Quote:Background loading

Images are loaded one at a time in a background worker thread and are shown as soon as xbmc processes them. Has the benefit that images can be loaded into memory before they're visible, resulting in smoother scrolling and transitions.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Background_Image_Loader
Thx Hitcher,

Sorry, but with that came to me an other question.

This process seems better, cause the image are preloaded, and it's smoother when transitionning.
So why not use this always ? I guess it take more ressources (CPU / RAM) ?
Or maybe the loading one by one would be too long ?
It's not needed for skin textures for example.
So, would be pertinent, in a library view (lets say movie title list) to add the background="true" for all dynamic image like poster, clearart, logo, banner etc ? (or just on a few like fanart ? )
I use it on everything except skin textures. Wink
Thx Hitcher Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large Image Control Versus Image Control background="true"0