[DEPRECATED]Rotten Tomatoes ratings scraper
olympia Wrote:If you have nfos, then it doesn't matter which scraper you are using, XBMC will import the nfo and will not use the scraper set on the source at all.

So, in that case I'd need to re-scrape my entire database to aviode any conflicts and contradicting info etc.

If i change scraper, My new files will have the imdb/RT dates, info and bbfc classifications and my excisting films will have the current tmdb and mpaa info contained within the current nfos from the default scraper?

What's the best way to rescrape from scratch then, shall i just delete all nfo's from my movies directory? Then delete my movies db... Change scraper and let it run...?

Or can I set xbmc/scraper to ignore all local nfo and force a refresh for all excisting movies? If no info found it can fall back to the local nfo? Or is this not an option/possible as of yet?

Cheers,
PatrickBateman Wrote:So, in that case I'd need to re-scrape my entire database to aviode any conflicts and contradicting info etc.
Yes

PatrickBateman Wrote:If i change scraper, My new files will have the imdb/RT dates, info and bbfc classifications and my excisting films will have the current tmdb and mpaa info contained within the current nfos from the default scraper?
yes

PatrickBateman Wrote:What's the best way to rescrape from scratch then, shall i just delete all nfo's from my movies directory? Then delete my movies db... Change scraper and let it run...?
Delete the nfo's, change the scraper and when xbmc ask if it should re-scrape the entire library make your choice.

PatrickBateman Wrote:Or can I set xbmc/scraper to ignore all local nfo and force a refresh for all excisting movies? If no info found it can fall back to the local nfo? Or is this not an option/possible as of yet?
No, and it's not a yet. It's vice versa. XBMC fall back to scraping when there is no local nfo available.
olympia Wrote:Yes

yes

Delete the nfo's, change the scraper and when xbmc ask if it should re-scrape the entire library make your choice.

No, and it's not a yet. It's vice versa. XBMC fall back to scraping when there is no local nfo available.

Cool,

Thanks for the info...

I'm not sure what I'll do as re scraping from scratch is gonna be a huge ball ache! But, needs must, I suppose.

Is there any way I can refresh my excisting database to update it's current info? For example, tonight I refreshed a few films and got trailers, longer synopsis and updated film ratings and runtimes. Is there any way to get xbmc or the scrapers to "update" or "refresh" my current nfo's automatically or is this purly a manual task?

I'd hate to go through my movies 1by1, but again, if I have to then needs must Big Grin
Sorry for the complete noob question, but where can I view the RT ratings after the rescrape? Should they show next to the IMDB ratings in my skin or do I need to use a specific skin?
imonit Wrote:Sorry for the complete noob question, but where can I view the RT ratings after the rescrape? Should they show next to the IMDB ratings in my skin or do I need to use a specific skin?

They are shown instead of the IMDb rating. Only one value can be held as a rating inside the current Video Database.

It may be worth posting a feature request to hold multiple values for rating (and their source) so that skinners could provide more info for a movie - but I'm not sure if the devs would be interested.
mortstar Wrote:They are shown instead of the IMDb rating. Only one value can be held as a rating inside the current Video Database.

It may be worth posting a feature request to hold multiple values for rating (and their source) so that skinners could provide more info for a movie - but I'm not sure if the devs would be interested.

Thanks for the reply, mortstar. I installed the scraper, chose it under the set content menu, and my movie information was rescraped though it still shows the IMDB ratings. Am I missing an obvious step?
imonit Wrote:Thanks for the reply, mortstar. I installed the scraper, chose it under the set content menu, and my movie information was rescraped though it still shows the IMDB ratings. Am I missing an obvious step?

Sorry for the waits on my replies - I have been travelling a lot the last couple of weeks.

Can you do me a favour? Follow the instructions here to turn on debugging, refresh the info on one film that is using this scraper and then paste the log to http://pastebin.com/ and give me the URL here.

Cheers
Updated to bring inline with the Team XBMC IMDb scraper. i.e. "Better USA/International title recognition + make NfoUrl imdb site independent". Discussion of the improvements in this thread.

EDIT: Updated to 1.3.4 due to Team XBMC IMDb scraper changes. i.e. "fixed: wrong imdb ID detection other certain circumtances"

EDIT 2: Updated to 1.3.5 due to Team XBMC IMDb scraper changes. i.e. "fixed: make sure imdb ID picked up correctly from international sites"

EDIT 3: - Updated to 1.3.6 due to Team XBMC's IMDb scraper changes i.e. "fixed: IMDb rating" (Probably unnecessary for this scraper but the option is there if needed)
mortstar Wrote:Sorry for the waits on my replies - I have been travelling a lot the last couple of weeks.

Can you do me a favour? Follow the instructions here to turn on debugging, refresh the info on one film that is using this scraper and then paste the log to http://pastebin.com/ and give me the URL here.

Cheers

Thanks! I'm glad I checked the thread again. I'm not sure if I got all of the info you would need, but here is some of the log output that looked applicable:

http://pastebin.com/cY9FKSRK
Hey imonit

Looking at your log, you're succesfully retrieving the rating for your movie. The lines:
Code:
19:11:31 T:3872 M:4294967295   DEBUG: scraper: GetRTRatingById returned <details><url function="ParseRTTomAll" cache="0120586-rt.html">http://www.rottentomatoes.com/alias?type=imdbid&s=0120586</url></details>
19:11:33 T:3872 M:4294967295   DEBUG: scraper: ParseRTTomAll returned <details><rating max="100">82</rating><votes>73</votes></details>

Show that the scraper is retrieving the data from the RottenTomatoes website and fills the database with a score of 8.2 from 73 votes/reviews (this corresponds with American History X's Rotten Tomatoes score. On IMDb the rating would return 8.6 from 267,282 votes.

If your skin says 'IMDb Rating' or some such this is because the designer isn't aware of the possibility that the rating may be gathered from some other data source. However, xbmc is getting the data for you. Maybe you could post in the skin sub-forum to ask the designer to make the rating not specifically reference IMDb.
aweome plugin, thanks alot mortstar. loving the UK classifications. Added it to our blogski (google hd420p)
lefty420 Wrote:aweome plugin, thanks alot mortstar. loving the UK classifications. Added it to our blogski (google hd420p)

Hey lefty, found your blog. Thanks for the kind words. Just FYI - the 'average rating' is not an average across IMDb and RT scores, it is data taken from the Rotten Tomatoes website. Have a look at the example in the first post Smile
Smile
Thanks so much, Mortstar. I was enjoying RT goodness the whole time and was just too naive to know it. I was expecting it in percentages (and maybe a ripe or rotten tomato gif), but I guess that is handled by the skin? In any case, awesome scraper. I scoured the web looking for something like this and it couldn't have been easier. Thanks for taking time out to reply and for your patience.
Boo. Such an awesome scraper but all my media has NFOs (new ones with just an imdb link) and is stored in a shared mysql db. it doesn't look like there is any way this can work for me?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED]Rotten Tomatoes ratings scraper0