[DEPRECATED]Rotten Tomatoes ratings scraper
Just released 1.5.1 which has 2 additions:
  1. Automatic scraping of Movie Set information from TheMovieDB.org
  2. Ability to add a prefix to the Certification
Currently grabbing the movie set data is not optional, would people want this to be a setting or is grabbing by default preferred?

The optional prefix is useful for skins, such as Aeon Nox, which require the certifications to be stored in the database in a specific manner so that they can automatically display country specific logos. By default this is left blank so that only the certificate data is held in the database.
It isn't optional in themoviedb either. Beta3 will provide a setting 'use movie sets' for your library
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:It isn't optional in themoviedb either. Beta3 will provide a setting 'use movie sets' for your library

I noticed that Olympia had taken out the setting he put in, I was going to email the mailing list to see if there was a reason why this option was removed. Better that the data is scrapped and then XBMC offers to use the data or not Nod

Now just to get MPAA changed to certification+country in the database and we'll be extricated from the unnecessary hard link to American ratings.
Great news about the movie sets. So, once we get the updated plugin, what do we need to do to get the movie sets to group? Will it do it automatically, or do I need to remove the items and scan them in again? Will it work in playlists, too?
sourbob Wrote:Great news about the movie sets. So, once we get the updated plugin, what do we need to do to get the movie sets to group? Will it do it automatically, or do I need to remove the items and scan them in again? Will it work in playlists, too?

Automatic

Need rescan of existing movies in library

Yes works in smartplaylists
I re-scanned in one collection (my kid's Alvin & the Chipmunks movies) as a test. They show up fine under "Movies" but aren't grouped into a set on smart playlists.
sourbob Wrote:I re-scanned in one collection (my kid's Alvin & the Chipmunks movies) as a test. They show up fine under "Movies" but aren't grouped into a set on smart playlists.

Needs beta3
ah. that explains it. something to look forward to, then.
I always found the IMDb ratings rather rubbish... Thanks for this!
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Thanks again for the best scraper ever made.

I did however notice that it did not pickup rating for a couple of my movies:-

The Perfect Storm
The Negotiator
Stargate: Continuum
Red Dog
Out of Time

It picks up everything esle though such as cover, runtime, plot etc but not the rating for some reason.

I tried:-

Rating Generated Using: Average Rating
Use the score aggregated from: All Critics

Then deleted the movie & tried again with these settings:-

Rating Generated Using: TomatoMeter
Use the score aggregated from: Top Critics

It still gives me everything except for the rating though tried it on my Windows 7 & also ubuntu live disk so its not a cache issue.

(I tested it with the moviedb scraper & that gave me a rating so I am guessing it is the scraper)

I originally thought that Rotten Tomatto has changed its formatting between the old & new movies which is not the case since Red Dog is newish (2011) & also to be on the safe side I checked another movie today eg. The Patriot and that got the rating so nothing on Rotten Tomato has changed.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

(I used the Mortstar's repo & installed this scrapper addon a few days ago so it should be up-to-date & using XBMC Eden)
Could you run the scraper on one of these movies and post a debug log please?
Thanks for the fast response here is the scan for "The Perfect Storm" sorry it took me so long to check the forum

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54482367/xbmc-04-04-2012.zip

If you need others scanned let me know.
I read almost the whole thread, but I can't find my answer.

I have Eden installed with the default skin. I would like to have the IMDb rating and the Tomato rating on the info page, and if possible the critic consensus. I think this script can scrape that for my movies, but do I need to have a special skin to show it?

Can someone tell me more?
Just updated the scraper to match Team XBMC's IMDb scraper changes. Which are:
- added: Set title scraping from TMDb
- added: Get Trailers from TMDb
- refactored: scraper settings
- fixed: outline was not scraped under certain circumtances

(2012-04-04, 14:51)jman177 Wrote: Thanks for the fast response here is the scan for "The Perfect Storm" sorry it took me so long to check the forum

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54482367/xbmc-04-04-2012.zip

If you need others scanned let me know.

Sorry for delay jman. Unfortunately this is a problem with the way Rotten Tomatoes have linked the imdbid for The Perfect Storm (tt0177971) and the movie in their database. The scraper gets the RT rating by following this link http://www.rottentomatoes.com/alias?type...&s=0177971 which as you can see is a DVD called 'Big Boats & Busy Harbors' - not quite what we are looking for.

These mistakes between the IMDb id and RT page has been mentioned by many developers here and in some other threads. That specific thread was started 10 months ago and still none have been corrected. I can't say when or if this will ever be fixed. The only way around this is to manually edit the database (crap I know!)

(2012-04-10, 15:02)cloverfield Wrote: I read almost the whole thread, but I can't find my answer.

I have Eden installed with the default skin. I would like to have the IMDb rating and the Tomato rating on the info page, and if possible the critic consensus. I think this script can scrape that for my movies, but do I need to have a special skin to show it?

Can someone tell me more?

This isn't really possible. Currently the database can only hold ratings details from one provider. However, after the release of Eden the developers are now adding new features. Perhaps put a feature request, in the appropriate forum, to be able to hold multiple ratings from different sources and see if you get a response from other users who would like the feature and developers if they have any interest in adding it.

The possibilities would be pretty cool from a user interface standpoint. Multiple ratings from IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes and Trakt, giving a pretty thorough overview.
Thanks for the response I thought I noticed it picking up that wrong movie in the debug log.

Not sure if this is possible but would it not be better to use "Rotten Tomatto" as primary/first scraper rather than using imdb as you won't loss anything if it does not match the IMDB ID as Rotten Tomoatto has everything you need anyway.

I still have to say this is the best sraper available as it picks up all the movies & gets about 95% of the RT ratings for my movies.

(I have tried just the "Rotten Tomoatto" built-in with XBMC Eden but it fails to get the rating from RT)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED]Rotten Tomatoes ratings scraper0